7 June 2013

Forgotten Book: THE NEGOTIATOR, Frederick Forsyth.

My plan this year for my contributions to Friday's Forgotten Books hosted by Pattinase is to feature books I read 20 years ago - in 1993- from the records I have in my "little green book", which I started in 1975.
In 1993 I read 111 books and was pretty well addicted to crime fiction by then.

My choice this week is THE NEGOTIATOR by Frederick Forsyth.

Synopsis (Fantastic Fiction)

1991, Glasnost has its enemies, the worlds oil is running out and ruthless mercenaries have kidnapped the US president's son. As the world teeters on the edge of catastrophe, the negotiator goes to work.

This was Forsyth's 10th book, a thriller, published in 1989.

There is a comprehensive plot disclosure on Wikipedia

The tension between the West and Arab countries over oil is still a viable topic and coincidentally I am currently reading ROTTEN GODS by Australian author Greg Barron. Over 20 years on from the plot of Forsyth's novel, heads of state gather in Dubai in an attempt to bring society back from the brink of global environmental catastrophe. But when extremists hijack the conference centre, the clock starts ticking: seven days until certain death for presidents and prime ministers alike, unless the terrorists' radical demands are met.

1 comment:

PSKarr said...

OMG..this takes me back. I loved Frederick Forsyth novels. The Devil's Alternative was my favorite.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin