- Latest additions
- 2016 Reviews
- All Reviews
- 2016 Reading Challenges Update
- 2016 Good Reading projects
- 2016 Vintage Cover Scavenger Hunt
- Authors A-Z
- USA Fiction Challenge 2014-
- Vintage Mystery BINGO 2015
- 2016-2014 Global Reading Challenge
- Aussie authors read in 2016 & 2015
- 2015 Reading Challenges Update
- Agatha Christie Novels
- 2015 Authors A to Z Reading Challenge!
- Agatha Christie Short Stories
- 2014 Reading Challenges Update
- Reviews 2012, 2013, 2014
- 2015 Reviews
- Reviews: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- 2012 & 2011 Reading Challenges Update
- 2013 Reading Challenges Update
- 2012 Global Reading Challenge
- 2013 Global Reading Challenge
- Crime Fiction Alphabet
11 July 2015
Talk to Margot Kinberg
Yesterday Margot Kinberg who blogs at Confessions of a Mystery Novelist, put out an appeal for crime fiction readers to participate in a survey:
As you no doubt know, in my ‘day job,’ I’m an academic. And one thing we academics do is conduct research. Today I’d like to
shamelessly beg for your participation in
tell you about a research project I’m currently doing.
My study addresses the question of what adults learn and remember from reading crime novels. And I can think of no more expert group of people than you folks to help me answer that question.
I would truly appreciate your help in this project. If you’re willing to be involved, here’s what you’d be in for:
· Go to the study link to get started.
· After indicating your informed consent to participate, respond to a survey. The survey contains 23 questions, all but one of which are multiple choice.
· When you’re done, just submit your answers. That’s all.
Here are a few things to consider:
· You are of course perfectly free not to participate if you’d rather not.
· If you do participate, your responses will be anonymous. That is, I will not be able to link you to your survey responses. Neither will anyone else.
· You will not be asked for any private identifying information, such as your name, email address or telephone number.
· The survey should take no more than 20 minutes maximum.
Once I’ve got my data collected, I’ll gather the information and start getting some results. I’ll share the overall results with you on this blog.
I’ll also share the results at a conference I plan to attend later this year.
If you’d like to participate, thank you!!! Please click here to get started.
If you would rather not participate, that’s perfectly fine. I would appreciate your helping me spread the word though. The more participants who are involved, the more I’ll learn, and the more I can share with you.