Some challenges this year proved to be a fizzle and I really got nowhere.
Others, while they helped to determine the books I looked for, provided not so much a challenge, as simply a record of what I read.
My pattern of reading is really very similar to that in previous years:
- 25% of my reading were Australian authors
- 40% were British
- 50% were new-to-me authors
- 30% were borrowed through my local library
- 15% were translated
- 2016 Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge: aimed for 135 but read 118
- 2016 Good Reads Reading Challenge. aimed for 135 but read 118
- Agatha Christie Reading Challenge Completed in 2014However I continued to keep a record of Agatha Christie-related reading: I recorded 4 new items.
- 2016 Global Reading Challenge 16/21:
I didn't get anywhere with South America and Africa was not completed
- USA Fiction Challenge So far 21/51I read 10 in 2016 but did not add to my list of states covered.
- 2016 Aussie Author reading challenge aimed for 20 and read 29. - Completed
- 2016 Australian Women Writers Challenge aiming for 20, completed 18
- British Books Challenge 2016 read 49
- Vintage Cover Scavenger Hunt currently 18Another one that I didn't manage to complete
- 2016 Ebook Reading Challenge read 56
- New to me authors - a personal challenge read 59
- Not crime fiction - a personal challenge currently 8
- Nordic reading challenge - a personal challenge unless I find an "official" one, read 11
- New Zealand reading challenge - again a personal challenge unless I can find someone hosting an "official" one. currently 1
- Translated crime fiction - a personal challenge that will overlap with many of the other reading challenges that I have undertaken. currently 20
- Snagged at the Library currently: 38
- 2016 Mt TBR reading challenge. currently: 1 (Aiming for 12 at least)
- 2016 Historical Reading Challenge. Currently: 6
- Crime Fiction of the Year Challenge @ Past Offences - a monthly challenge. Each month features a particular year of publication: Currently: 4
This is a challenge I thought I would do better at.