- ASIN : B0BSCKW1L1
- Publisher : Four Tails Publishing Ltd. (February 20, 2023)
- Print length : 325 pages
- #7 in the WISE Agency series
‘IT MURDERED ONE OF OUR GUESTS, AND NOW IT’S TRIED TO KILL MY HUSBAND.’
When the women of the WISE Enquiries Agency are approached by the frantic owner of a historic cottage in a picturesque Welsh seaside hamlet, they agree to help. After all – there can’t be any such thing as a killer cottage, can there? And isn’t a cursed cottage just as unlikely? They’re about to find out – when Christine and Annie take up residence.
Meanwhile, Carol goes undercover to investigate a day spa with some dangerous treatments, leaving Mavis to stake out a man who might be incapacitated because of a work-related accident. Will this bricklayer become belligerent if he spots her on the job?
Because our engaging private investigators are busy with paying clients, it falls to Henry, eighteenth duke of Chellingworth, to try to solve the riddle of the missing silver mugs, which is a pressing priority for his mother, the dowager, as she seeks to take over the organization of the christening of his son and heir.
Early spring in Wales is a busy time for the WISE women, and the titled Twyst family – join them to find out how they cope, in this, the seventh book in the series.
As with other offerings in this series, a quick entertaining read, and plenty of openings for future books.The team takes on a number of cases, as well carrying on investigations closer to home.
My rating: 4.3
I've also read
- THE CORPSE WITH THE SILVER TONGUE
- 4.3, THE CASE OF THE DOTTY DOWAGER - Welsh Mystery #1
- 4.5, THE CASE OF THE MISSING MORRIS DANCER - Welsh Mystery #2
- 4.4, THE CASE OF THE CURIOUS COOK - Welsh Murder #3
- 4.5, THE CASE OF THE UNSUITABLE SUITOR - Welsh Murder #4
- 4.5, THE CASE OF THE DISGRACED DUKE - Welsh Murder #5
- 4.5, THE CASE OF THE ABSENT HEIRS - Welsh Murder #6