I obviously made the questions too hard, because while many read the post, only 4 submitted answers, and so I put all 4, whose answers were largely correct, into draw for a winner.
And so, after a lot of politically incorrect mumbo jumbo, involving the conducting of an eeny-meeny-miny-mo incantation, the winner was Maria. Maria is a follower of my blog, so I know she will see this and I ask her to email me with a physical address to send the book to.
There were 10 questions to answer.
- Which of the above is Marshall Browne?
answer: C. A was Brian Kavanagh. B was Adrian Hyland. D was Garry Disher.
The answer was in an earlier post.
- Which Marshall Browne book is basically a classic locked room mystery?
answer: There was choice of two: RENDEZVOUS AT KAMAKURA INN, or INSPECTOR ANDERS AND THE SHIP OF FOOLS
- In which Inspector Anders book does a bomb explode in the boardroom on the 33rd floor of a Frankfurt office tower?
answer: INSPECTOR ANDERS AND THE SHIP OF FOOLS
- Who is the protagonist in THE IRON HEART?
answer: Franz Schmidt
- What has been Marshall Browne's profession for most of his life?
- For which novel did Marshall Browne win Best First Novel Ned Kelly Award in 2000?
answer: THE WOODEN LEG OF INSPECTOR ANDERS
- What is Inspector Anders' distinguishing physical characteristic?
answer: he has an artificial leg: first of all a wooden one, more recently a titanium one.
- In which Australian city are Browne's historical novels set?
- How many titles are there in the Inspector Anders series?
answer: currently 3
1. The Wooden Leg of Inspector Anders (1999)
2. Inspector Anders and the Ship of Fools (2001)
3. Inspector Anders and the Blood Vendetta (2006)
- How did Anders lose his leg?
answer: he lost it in a Mafia bomb explosion - before the first novel in the series.
I promise to make the next competition a little easier - perhaps fewer questions, and a shorter time frame. Look for it in a week or so.