Currently I am managing about a book a month.
I've just started THE MURDER AT THE VICARAGE, and the next Agatha Christie Blog Carnival is due in just over a week. Hope I get it done in time. Currently there are 9 articles for the Carnival and we could do with a few more.
I am mainly borrowing the books from my local library and as such am a bit subject to some outside influences, and as a result may do a little out of order reading.
Check the opening blog of the Agatha Christie Reading Challenge here.
- 1920, THE MYSTERIOUS AFFAIR AT STYLES - finished
- 1922, THE SECRET ADVERSARY- finished
- 1923, THE MURDER ON THE LINKS - finished
- 1924, THE MAN IN THE BROWN SUIT - finished
1924, POIROT INVESTIGATES (short stories: eleven in the UK, fourteen in the US) - finished
- 1925, THE SECRET OF CHIMNEYS - finished
- 1926, THE MURDER OF ROGER ACKROYD - finished
- 1927, THE BIG FOUR - finished
- 1928, THE MYSTERY OF THE BLUE TRAIN - finished
- 1929, THE SEVEN DIALS MYSTERY - finished
1929 Partners in Crime (fifteen short stories; featuring Tommy and Tuppence) - on order from library
- 1930, THE MURDER AT THE VICARAGE - this is what I am reading now
1930 The Mysterious Mr. Quin (twelve short stories; introducing Mr. Harley Quin) - waiting on the shelves (from library)
- 1931, THE SITTAFORD MYSTERY (aka MURDER AT HAZELMOOR) -waiting on the shelves (from library)
- 1932, PERIL AT END HOUSE
1932 The Thirteen Problems (thirteen short stories; featuring Miss Marple, also known as The Tuesday Club Murders in the US)
- 1933, LORD EDGEWARE DIES (aka THIRTEEN AT DINNER)
- 1934, MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS (aka MURDER IN THE CALAIS COACH)
- 1934, WHY DIDN'T THEY ASK EVANS? (aka THE BOOMERANG CLUE)
Please feel free to join in my challenge, comment on my reviews etc.
I have set up a block over in the right hand column called Agatha Christie Reading Challenge (with the same logo as this post) where I am listing the books I'm currently reading and those I've finished.
The challenge is called ACRC so each review will be preceded by those letters.
If you want to follow my progress through your RSS reader, then the RSS URL is
Just save that in your bookmarks or RSS reader and you will be notified when I have written a new post.
Alternatively you could subscribe to the feed through FeedMyInbox. Just copy the RSS URL, click on the FeedMyInbox link and paste the URL in there.
You will need to confirm your subscription by email.
Contribute your blog postings about any Agatha Christie novels to the monthly carnival. Make an agreement with yourself that whenever you complete reading an Aggie you will write a blog posting about it and then submit the posting to the carnival.
If you are participating in the Agatha Christie Reading Challenge then write updates like this one and submit them to the Carnival. Let us know what progress you are making.