27 June 2009

Library Loot - and they want to give me more!

Sometimes I have trouble in keeping up with all my library books.

Perhaps this meme should be called library gluttony!
It is a little like the wish list that ran away with itself!

It is a bit embarrassing to realise that some of these have visited me before, and have had to be returned unread. Some of them are books that I was borrowing for a discussion, but the discussion has been and gone.

There are 26 on my list, and 2 more are waiting at the library.
Perhaps you can commend at least one of them to me.

ABSOLUTION by Caro. Ramsay
AS DARKNESS FALLS by Bronwyn Parry
THE BAD POLICEMAN by Helen Hodgman - we are discussing this next month on oz_mystery_readers
A DARKER DOMAIN by Val. McDermid
THE DEATH CHAMBER by Sarah Rayne
DEVIL'S PEAK by Deon. Meyer
FOUND WANTING by Robert Goddard
A FRACTION OF THE WHOLE by Steve Toltz
FROM DOON WITH DEATH by Ruth Rendell
THE HEADHUNTERS by Peter Lovesey
ITALIAN SHOES by Henning Mankell
THE KEEPSAKE by Tess Gerritsen
LAST RITUALS by Yrsa Sigurdardottir.
LUSH LIFE by Richard Price
MAD HATTER'S HOLIDAY by Peter Lovesey
THE MIND'S EYE by Hakan Nesser
A MOST WANTED MAN by John Le Carre
THE PREACHER by Camilla Lackberg
RED BONES by Ann Cleeves
SCARPETTA by Patricia Cornwell
SHADOW by Karin Alvtegen - reading this one now
SHATTER by Michael Robotham - re-reading for discussion on 4MA
SOUL MURDER by Andrew Nugent
TELL ME, PRETTY MAIDEN by Rhys Bowen
TELLING TALES by Ann Cleeves
A TEST OF WILLS by Charles Todd

10 comments:

Janet Rudolph said...

Of the books on your list, I can recommend Val McDermid'a A Darker Domain, The Headhunters by Peter Lovesey--move them to the top of the list. Lots of other good ones. Lucky you! Full speed and good reads ahead!

Bernadette said...

I'd go with Devil's Peak by Deon Meyer.

And it's probably a good thing that I'm not running the world Kerrie as in a post on my blog earlier this week I had a wee rant about library gluttons and if I had my way you'd be being tortured right about now :)
http://reactionstoreading.wordpress.com/2009/06/22/musing-monday-library-gluttons/

Eva said...

I haven't read any of these, so I can't even recommend one! But I always love seeing the huge variety of mysteries you find at the library. :)

Marg said...

My name is Marg and I am a library glutton (sorry Bernadette!).

I often have to return books unread and borrow them again later, so don't feel alone Kerrie!

Karen (Euro Crime) said...

Devil's Peak and Last Rituals but you have such a greatstack it's difficult to choose!

Dorte H said...

The Mind´s Eye and Telling Tales!

- but many of the others are also good books :)

Tim said...

Absolution - Caro Ramsay, very strong for a first novel.

Hakan Nesser, yes.

Not "The Preacher" by Camilla Lackberg - liked her first, but the quality of the writing in this one is not up to scratch.

Anonymous said...

I've got Lush Life waiting for me to read. Clockers was excellent so, hopefully, this should be to.

John le Carre's decent, haven't read A Most Wanted Man, and if it's anything like Constant Gardener then it's pretty meh. Although, The Spy Who Came in from the Cold is a seminal piece of fiction.

I've got a Henning Mankell book to read, um, totally forget but it isn't a Wallander novel.

Kerrie said...

Our library is wonderfully tolerant Bernadette. Just as welll I don't actually browse the shelves - I do all the ordering online. Right now I am trying to work out which books to return unread, and how to store the titles so i don't forget them. I already use their My "wish" List facility and there are 85 titles on that too. Something is just not working!

Kerrie said...

Thanks for all the recommendations folks, perrhaps they'll be the ones I keep and I'll return all the others.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin