June is definitely designed to keep me poor with birthdays by my sister, her granddaughter, my husband, and my mother.
Never mind, the celebrations, like the dinner at a pizza house last night, are lovely, with a chance to bring branches of the family together.
- Rendell on an Oprah list
- Are you a Bookaholic?
- Byron Bay Writers Festival 7-9 August, programme online
- McCall Smith wins award for Corduroy Mansions
- 19th edition Book Review Blog Carnival
- Robotham, Cotterill & Peter James on CWA short list
- now - THE MYSTERIOUS MR QUIN, Agatha Christie
- then - THE REDEEMER, Jo Nesbo
- after that - THE GIRL WHO PLAYED WITH FIRE, Stieg Larsson
- in the car - NAME TO A FACE, Robert Goddard
- Review: RITUAL, Mo Hayder
- 4 Play: a meme
- Forgotten Books: Have you missed Jane Whitefield?
- From my database: DISSOLUTION, C.J. Sansom
- Get a better, stronger password this week
- Review: RETIREMENT HOMES ARE MURDER, Mike Befeler
- CWA Dagger in Library shortlist includes some favourites
I will run a poll closer to the date to see which book the readers of this blog think will win. As I've said in my post, it will be a tough call. All the contenders look really strong.
Additions/changes to my blog
I've added a widget from Blogger Widgets that shows people who comment the most on my blog. I've chosen to show the top 8 - not that I'm trying to invoke a competition here. It only shows those with Blogger profiles unfortunately.
- if you are in Australia: Upfield's 3 Acts of Murder premiers 14 June (TONIGHT)
- Agatha Christie Reading Challenge Blog Carnival - next submissions need to be in by June 22
- the current Book Review Blog Carnival is up at The Symposium, but you can make submissions for the next one anytime. It is a good way of getting your book reviews available to a wider audience.
Book groups etc.