12 June 2009

4 Play

This bouncing ball was handed to me by Peter at Detectives Beyond Borders, who in his turn got it from J. Kingston Pierce who discovered it on the group blog Inkspot and thought it looked fun. [Mind you, I only got included when Petrona declined]

Now I looked back through this history to try to determine what I am supposed to do, but it seems that each recipient has shaped the meme to suit himself, so I'm exercising a bit of free will too.

4 places I've lived:
  1. Victor Harbour - it got renamed to Harbor when I was a child, and I've never recovered.
  2. Port Elliot - we moved to this backwater when I was 12
  3. London - for 6 months or thereabouts in 1975
  4. Paradise - where I've lived for 30 years, and where this blog gets its name from.
4 places I've visited
  1. Hell, Norway - I have a stamp in my passport to say so
  2. Mandalay in Burma - part of an overland Adelaide to London overland trip in 1975
  3. the beginning and the end of Britain - Land's End & John O' Groats
  4. The Golden Temple of Amritsar - I gave myself Delhi belly by drinking my finger washing water.
4 places I want to go to
  1. The Tomb of the Warriors, China
  2. Japan during Cherry blossom time
  3. The Sphinx in Giza
  4. Machu Pichu
4 Australian authors I recommend
  1. Michael Robotham
  2. Katherine Howell
  3. P.D. Martin
  4. Felicity Young
The top 4 books I've read this year
  1. 5.0, PLAY DEAD, Richard Montanari
  2. 4.9, ECHOES FROM THE DEAD, Johan Theorin
  3. 4.9, SEARCH THE DARK, Charles Todd
  4. 4.9, A PALE HORSE, Charles Todd
4 blogs I watch daily
  1. Reactions to Reading
  2. DJ's Krimi Blog
  3. Books Please
  4. Mack Captures Crime
So now I have to choose "victims" to carry on the meme.
That's easy, I choose the owners of the 4 blogs above.
I only hope they are suitably grateful.

6 comments:

BooksPlease said...

Thanks, Kerrie. I'll have to put my thinking cap on for this one and alter it too, which I see is OK!

I'd love to go to the 4 places you'd like to visit. I've been to Norway - but not to Hell and I've been to Land's End but not John O'Groats.

I'd love to see Paradise! Maybe some photos would satisfy my curiosity??

Bernadette said...

Ask and ye shall receive Kerrie (I should have been doing 3 days' worth of dishes instead of this you know)

http://reactionstoreading.wordpress.com/2009/06/12/4-play/

Also I've been to Hell - Grand Cayman Island though - i didn't include it in my list 'cos I don't know a book set there :)

Peter Rozovsky said...

That's a constructive set of answers, complete with recommended books. It's also entertaining; I had not heard the term "Delhi belly", but the context lets me take a good guess at its meaning.

But nothing could top a set of answers from someone who lives in Paradise and has visited Hell.
==============
Detectives Beyond Borders
"Because Murder Is More Fun Away From Home"
http://detectivesbeyondborders.blogspot.com/

Dorte H said...

How could we be anything but grateful ;)

pattinase (abbott) said...

The farther we get from home, in your case Australia, the more exotic the answers become. The world is bigger than we often acknowledge.

Australian Online Bookshop said...

P.D.James, Michael Robotham and Felicity young are my favorite Australian Authors. We're lucky to have such a wealth of great home grown mystery writers.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin