27 June 2009

Weekly Geeks, 2009-24: Trivia

This week's task is to pose 5-10 trivia questions, so I've decided to make all mine related to Agatha Christie novels.
  1. What was the title of the first Agatha Christie novel? (Hercule Poirot was first seen in this one)
  2. In which novel did Miss Marple make her debut?
  3. What is the name of Hercule Poirot's "foil"?
  4. In which village does Miss Marple live?
  5. Miss Marple has a nephew who is an author. What is his name?
  6. Which Agatha Christie novel was set on an island?
  7. Hercule Poirot has a good friend, an Inspector, at Scotland Yard. What is his name ?
  8. By what alternative title is MURDER IN THE CALAIS COACH better known?
  9. What is the name of the husband & wife detective team who first appeared in Christie's second novel? (they weren't married at the time)
  10. Which novel was not published until after Agatha Christie's death? (hints: it is the final Miss Marple, and was thought to have been written in the blitz in 1940, and then sealed in a bank vault)
My instructions
DON'T write your answers in the comments! (otherwise, I'll delete your comment)
Write the ones you know down on a piece of paper, and then in the comments tell me how many you think you got correct. I'll post the answers next week.
Your alternative is to email me with your answers and I'll put a comment in that says how many you got correct.

14 comments:

Dorte H said...

Good questions!
I know at least 6 off-hand. May remember more if I think about it.

Uriah Robinson said...

You beat me Dorte only five straight away, but my Miss Marple knowledge is sadly lacking.

Kerrie said...

Just cruising the Agatha Christie Reading Challenge posts would give you most of them.

Good tries Dorte and Norman.

Rikki I was thinking in Question 6 the one in which the victims appear to be the only ones on the island.- apart from your answer to that Question you appear to have got a perfect score (in your email)

gautami tripathy said...

I answered all. But I think I got one wrong!

And Where do I email you? Can't find your email id.

Maree said...

I got seven that I'm pretty sure of, and two that I *think* I know
Happy Weekly Geeks

Rikki said...

Oh, right, Kerrie, got you now. I know which one you are referring to.

Kerrie said...

my email address is kasmith9 at esc.net.au (it is in my who am i box)

Kerrie said...

Sounds good Maree and Gautami.

claire said...

I've only read two Agatha Christies in my life, so it's pretty pathetic, but I believe one of the two is the answer to number 6, so I at least have one answer, but not sure if I'm right. He he. I read it when I was around 11 or 12 (over 20 years ago) so my memory's pretty hazy.

Kerrie said...

Claire emailed me - and she did know the answer to No. 6 (as you probably all do when you think about)

gautami tripathy said...

THanks!

I emailed!

:D

Kerrie said...

Well done Gautami: 10/10

Amat Libris said...

I have eight! At least, I'm pretty sure I have eight. I'll have to come back next week to check the other two.

Kerrie said...

Well done Coversgirl.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin