Well, you know me, I'm a committed, even addicted, crime fiction reader. I have a huge TBR, a stack of review books constantly demanding attention, and a stack of library books I should probably never have borrowed.
But even so, I'm constantly open to suggestion.
If you are really persuasive, you might even get me to venture outside the crime fiction genre.
So leave me a comment, give me the titles (and authors) of the best two or three books you've read this year, and tell me why I should read them.
If you would like to, you can always write a mini-review for me to publish on my blog. See this post for details.
And, are you looking for recommendations?
You might like to visit the Book Review Blog Carnival. This is a fortnightly carnival that I participate in, but it caters for tastes much wider than crime fiction. Look for the widget over in the right hand column and check out the most recent posts. Most recently it was at At Home With Books and the new edition will be posted this weekend at Books For Sale?
If you like crime fiction, here are my top reads for the last 20 months:
- 5.0, SHATTER, Michael Robotham
- 5.0, NEMESIS, Jo Nesbo
- 5.0, FAN MAIL, PD Martin
- 5.0, DIRTY WEEKEND, Gabrielle Lord
- 5.0, A QUIET BELIEF IN ANGELS, R.J. Ellory
- 5.0, BLACK OUT, Karin Fossum
- 5.0, PLAY DEAD, Richard Montanari
- 5.0, A CURE FOR ALL DISEASES, Reginald Hill
- 5.0, BENEATH THE BLEEDING, Val McDermid
- 4.9, SEEKING WHOM HE MAY DEVOUR, Fred Vargas
- 4.9, ECHOES FROM THE DEAD, Johan Theorin
- 4.9, SHADOW, Karin Alvtegen
- 4.9, THE PRIVATE PATIENT, P.D. James
- 4.8, ONE GOOD TURN, Kate Atkinson
- 4.8, LUCIFER'S SHADOW, David Hewson
- 4.9, SEARCH THE DARK, Charles Todd
- 4.9, A PALE HORSE, Charles Todd
- 4.8, ARCTIC CHILL, Arnaldur Indridason
- 4.8, THE REDEEMER, Jo Nesbo
- 4.8, THE CRUELLEST MONTH, Louise Penny
- 4.8, VOODOO DOLL, Leah Giarratano
- 4.8, WHEN WILL THERE BE GOOD NEWS?, Kate Atkinson
- 4.8, THE LORDS' DAY, Michael Dobbs
- 4.8, WATER LIKE A STONE, Deborah Crombie
- 4.8, THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO, Stieg Larsson
- 4.8, NOT DEAD ENOUGH, Peter James
- 4.8, CARELESS IN RED, Elizabeth George
- 4.8, A TEST OF WILLS, Charles Todd
- 4.8, OVERKILL, Vanda Symon
Finally, check out what my fellow Weekly Geekers have written about and the recommendations they are making.