My own count so far is 42.
I've done a fair bit of travel so far this year - away for over 4 weeks altogether - so that has contributed to a good total.
And the quality has been there too: Here is my list of books, all crime fiction of course, so far in April.
- 4.8, THE PANIC ZONE, Rick Mofina (17 April)
- 4.5, TIED UP IN TINSEL, Ngaio Marsh (17 April)
- 4.6, FREEZE FRAME, Peter May (13 April)
- 5.0, BLEED FOR ME, Michael Robotham (12 April)
- 4.0, TAROKO GORGE, Jacob Ritari (11 April)
- 4.5, DEEP WATER, Peter Corris (9 April)
- 5.0, THE MAN FROM BEIJING, Henning Mankell (6 April)
- 4.4, RUMPOLE and the PENGE BUNGALOW MURDERS, John Mortimer (3 April)
- 4.3, FORBIDDEN FRUIT, Kerry Greenwood (1 April)
There are some people who are headed for well over 150 for the year.
From the comments, it does seem that most people do have a reading target, and nearly everybody aims to do better this year than last.