- Latest additions
- 2016 Reviews
- All Reviews
- 2016 Reading Challenges Update
- 2016 Good Reading projects
- 2016 Vintage Cover Scavenger Hunt
- Authors A-Z
- USA Fiction Challenge 2014-
- Vintage Mystery BINGO 2015
- 2016-2014 Global Reading Challenge
- Aussie authors read in 2016 & 2015
- 2015 Reading Challenges Update
- Agatha Christie Novels
- 2015 Authors A to Z Reading Challenge!
- Agatha Christie Short Stories
- 2014 Reading Challenges Update
- Reviews 2012, 2013, 2014
- 2015 Reviews
- Reviews: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- 2012 & 2011 Reading Challenges Update
- 2013 Reading Challenges Update
- 2012 Global Reading Challenge
- 2013 Global Reading Challenge
- Crime Fiction Alphabet
4 July 2013
Crime Fiction Alphabet 2013: M is for David Mark, THE DARK WINTER
Following a pattern established in 2012, my contributions to the Crime Fiction Alphabet in 2013 will mainly feature authors or books that I have read recently.
My choice this week is THE DARK WINTER by David Mark
I have seen this book listed on a number of award long lists. I gave it 4.9
Hull, northern England. Two weeks before Christmas. Three bodies in the morgue.
The victims – each a sole survivor of a past tragedy – killed in the manner they once cheated death. Somebody is playing God.
And it falls to DS Aector McAvoy to stop their deadly game.
If you like police procedurals with unusual characters and unusual incidents you'll like this one.
See the rest of my review.
See what others have chosen for the letter M