Well, the truth is that some are progressing well, some are finished, and others barely started. Overall I'm happy, but not sure I am going to reach an overall target of 150. 140 is probably more realistic.
Here's the summary. The full story can be viewed in the Reading Challenges Update for 2013.
- I haven't used my Kindle much this year, hence the low count in e-books.
I've been borrowing quite a bit from the library as well as reading a number of review copies provided by authors and publishers.
- I've had a bit of a focus on Australian and British authors.
- I need to think a bit more about the Global Reading Challenge (particularly South America, Africa, Asia and New Zealand)
- I've neglected American and New Zealand crime fiction. It is not that I don't have the books, just that I need to read them. Ditto for translated crime fiction.
- I'm doing really well on new-to-me authors.
- I didn't complete the Canadian Reading Challenge for 2012-13 (1 July to 30 June), but I'm off to a flying start for 2013-2014
- Agatha Christie Reading Challenge - ongoing - 5/12 this year
- 2013 Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge: aiming for 150
- 2013 e-book challenge currently: 12
- Nordic Challenge 2013 currently 6
- 2013 Aussie Author Challenge currently: 25/20 - completed
- 2013 Global Reading Challenge currently 14/21
- Canadian Book Challenge 2012-2013- 8/13 - did not complete
- Canadian Book Challenge 2013-2014 - 1/13
- Vintage Mystery Reading Challenge currently 5/16
- 2013 Historical Fiction Challenge at Historical Tapestry currently 7
- British Books Challenge currently 29 - completed
- Australian Women Writers Challenge currently 12/10 - Completed
- American authors: currently 4/20
- translated, currently 5 - last year 27
- New Zealand, currently 0/4
- new to me: currently 37 - last year 48
- not crime fiction: currently 4