Libraries have certainly changed over the years haven't they?
The one I went to as a child was almost Pickwickian in nature, one of the old fashioned ones, where your withdrawals were written in a big leather book, and you had to remember the number of the page your name was on. There was a lot of "shushing" too and demarkation lines beyond which children were not allowed to go.
Books I currently have out of the library:
- The coroner / by M.R. Hall.
- A darker domain / Val McDermid.
- Devil's Peak / Deon Meyer ; translated by K.L. Seegers.
- Full dark house / Christopher Fowler.
- The headhunters / Peter Lovesey.
- The herring seller's apprentice : a gripping tale of murder, deceit and chocolate / L.C. Tyler.
- The keepsake : a novel / Tess Gerritsen.
- A matter of justice / Charles Todd.
- The murder at the vicarage / Agatha Christie.
- Murder on Monday / Ann Purser.
- The mysterious Mr. Quin./ Agatha Christie.
- The playroom / John Connor.
- Sacrifice / Sharon J. Bolton.
- Scarpetta / Patricia Cornwell.
- Second violin / John Lawton.
- Shadow / Karin Alvtegen ; translated from the Swedish by McKinley Burnett.
- The Sittaford mystery / by Agatha Christie.
- The specialist / Gordon Aalborg.
- Tea time for the traditionally built / Alexander McCall Smith.
- Tell me, pretty maiden / Rhys Bowen.
- Unseen / Mari Jungstedt ; translated from the Swedish by Tiina Nunnally.
- What the birds see / Sonya Hartnett.
- The whole truth [sound recording] / David Baldacci ; read by Alex Jennings.
My postings are rather random.