18 March 2012

Announcing Crime Fiction Alphabet for 2012


The Alphabet in Crime Fiction - a Community Meme.

This meme was run first on this blog in 2009-2010 and was re-run in 2011.

Here are the rules

By Friday of each week participants try to write a blog post about crime fiction related to the letter of the week.

Your post MUST be related to either the first letter of a book's title, the first letter of an author's first name, or the first letter of the author's surname, or even maybe a crime fiction "topic". But above all, it has to be crime fiction.
So you see you have lots of choice.
You could write a review, or a bio of an author, so long as it fits the rules somehow.
(It is ok too to skip a week.)
You probably won't have to do a lot of extra reading in order to participate, but I warn you that your TBR  may grow as a result of the suggestions other participants make.

Your assistance in advertising this community meme in the next few weeks, and pointing people to this page, would be very much appreciated.

Each Friday I will post a Mr Linky so that participants can add their post title and URL.
If you'd like to sign up (this is optional) then use the Mr Linky at the bottom of this post.

Check the Crime Fiction Alphabet page for summaries of previous years.

Here is this year's schedule: showing
  • the date that the week's page will be posted and 
  • the letter of the week.
Monday, 21 May 2012    A
Monday, 28 May 2012    B
Monday, 4 June 2012    C
Monday, 11 June 2012    D
Monday, 18 June 2012    E
Monday, 25 June 2012    F
Monday, 2 July 2012    G
Monday, 9 July 2012    H
Monday, 16 July 2012    I
Monday, 23 July 2012    J
Monday, 30 July 2012    K
Monday, 6 August 2012    L
Monday, 13 August 2012    M
Monday, 20 August 2012    N
Monday, 27 August 2012    O
Monday, 3 September 2012    P
Monday, 10 September 2012    Q
Monday, 17 September 2012    R
Monday, 24 September 2012    S
Monday, 1 October 2012    T
Monday, 8 October 2012    U
Monday, 15 October 2012    V
Monday, 22 October 2012    W
Monday, 29 October 2012    X
Monday, 5 November 2012    Y
Monday, 12 November 2012    Z
Monday, 19 November 2012    summary

Thanks for participating.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

I saw a few bloggers do this meme last year and it was really interesting. I shouldn't have too much planned starting in May so I'll join.

Bill Selnes said...

Kerrie: I am looking forward for "A" to come in May.

Margaret @ BooksPlease said...

Glad you're doing this again - I will join in whenever I can.

Jo said...

I loved this last year so am tempted to join in this year! Will give it some good thought over the next couple of weeks.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for doing this, Kerrie - looking forward to it!

Sergio (Tipping My Fedora) said...

Hurrah - great to have this meme back again. Really looking forward to it Kerrie - thanks.

FleurFisher said...

Thank you for doing this again. I'm perusing bookshelves and making lists already.

Jo said...

I am joining in!

TracyK said...

I am excited about participating in the Crime Fiction Alphabet meme. I have been reading the interesting posts for 2010 and 2011 and want to join in.

Peter Reynard said...

Such a cool meme. Count me in as it will make me double down on the reading I have been ignoring.

Dalene @ A Date with a Book said...

New follower! I found your blog via Tea Time with Marce and her reference to this meme. Love your blog, excited to follow :)

Scott said...

I will give this a try.

Peggy Ann said...

Kerry for some reason my name isn't appearing on the linky so I added it again. Thanks

JudyH329 said...

I found your sight through Clarissa Draper's blog. I realize I'm late joining, but I would like to participate through the rest of the alphabet. Thanks!

Kerrie said...

That's fine Judy

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin