22 March 2012

Announcing a new meme: best new-to-me crime fiction authors 2012

This meme has sprung out of a discussion on Margot Kinberg's blog post titled You Never Know Until You Try about trying new crime fiction authors.

We've had follow up discussion in Crime and mystery fiction on FriendFeed and so this meme is an attempt to share new-to-us authors who've excited us so far this year.

The first edition of this meme will appear on 4 April 2012 and it's really easy to participate.
There'll be a Mr Linky at the bottom of a post here on MiP that day.

Just write a post about the best new-to-you crime fiction authors you've read so far this year (end of March), 2012, put a link to this meme in your post, and even use the logo if you like.
The books don't necessarily need to be newly published and you can list all the new-to-you crime fiction authors if you wish. The best format would be to link in your post to the particular posts where you reviewed those titles.

After writing your summary post, then come back to MiP and add your link to Mr Linky.
Visit the links posted by other participants in the meme to discover even more books to read.

This meme will run at the end of June, September and December this year.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kerrie - Thanks so much for doing this, and thanks for the kind mention.

Maxine Clarke said...

Yes indeed, Kerrie (meme queen?!), thanks for initiating this. I look forward to participating.

Prashant C. Trikannad said...

This meme feels less intimidating than the "Alphabet in Crime Fiction" meme. I read a fair amount of books, including crime fiction, by authors I haven't heard of or never read before and so far I have enjoyed what I have read. While I get sufficient time to read books, I can't say the same about reviewing them. Thanks for the announcement.

Marce said...

Oh great new meme, I joined a challenge to get me to try new Mystery authors and some are specific to Crime of course. I have you scheduled in, look forward to the posts.

Anonymous said...

I haven't participated in any memes so far, but I'm going to give this one a try. I look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with.

Susan said...

Yaaay! I already have the logo over at my blog :-) and am thinking of which authors are my favourite discoveries so far. Love this idea, Kerrie!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin