My list is here.
I take on reading challenges in order really to keep tabs on what I read and to try to achieve some sort of balance. In reality other factors such as book group agendas and fiend's recommendations determine most of what I read.
I am finding that if I buy a book it is mostly for the Kindle. On the other hand paper format review copies keep coming through the post and I'm not doing such a good job of keeping up with them, particularly with the unsolicited ones.
I have completed some.
- my target for the Agatha Christie Reading Challenge for this year: 12 titles. But I will add another couple by the end of the year.
- The Aussie Author Challenge - I set myself a target of 12 but I have read 16 and have another couple in my sights.
- Canadian Book Challenge 2011-2012, but the new one 2012-2013 began in July.
- Historical Fiction Challenge - read the original 10 but set myself a new target of 20
- Not crime fiction - I've read one. The challenge was to see whether I would read any. I should read more outside my genre.
- British Books Challenge - a target of 12 and I'm now at 55, so no problems here.
- Translated - set myself a target to exceed last year's count of 20 and have read 23
- The Nordic Challenge - set myself a target of 20 and have read 17.
- Global Reading Challenge - I've read 17 of 21, but need another North American, and 3 South American. I'll be embarrassed if I don't finish this one as I host it.
- Vintage Mystery challenge - needs books published before 1960. I've read 10 out of 16. I have one Cherchez Le Homme to go and 5 Golden Age Girls. Somehow doubt I am going to get this one done.
- American authors - a personal target of 20. have read 12. Don't actually see myself getting there.
- New Zealand - a personal target of 4. Have read 1 despite best intentions.
- New to me - not really a challenge. Am doing well with 43 but last year I read 60.
- e-book challenge - last year I read 75. Currently sitting on 51 but this will go up when we go travelling in December.
- The big one - 2012 Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge: aiming at 166, last year 160. Currently 123. Pretty sure I won't read 43 books for the rest of the year.