First of all 1 in 7 of the books that I have read have been Nordic, and then of that 20, nearly half have been Swedish., and looking from another perspective, half have been new-to-me authors (marked **).
The 2012 Nordic Challenge was hosted by Notes from the North and I aimed to read 11-20 books.
Among my selection were some old favourites too.
- 4.7, PHANTOM, Jo Nesbo (Norway)
- 5.0, THE CALLER, Karin Fossum (Norway)
- 4.8, THE BOY IN THE SUITCASE, Lena Kaarbol & Agnete Friis (Denmark) **
- 4.4, NIGHT ROUNDS, Helene Tursten (Sweden)
- 4.8, 1222, Anne Holt (Norway) **
- 4.7, HEADHUNTERS, Jo Nesbo (Norway)
- 4.5, MURDER AT THE SAVOY, Maj Sjowall & Per Wahloo (Sweden)
- 4.7, THE ABOMINABLE MAN, Maj Sjowall & Per Wahloo (Sweden)
- 4.5, THE FLATEY ENIGMA, Viktor Arnar Ingolfsson (Iceland) **
- 4.7, DREGS, Jon Lier Horst (Norway) **
- 4.5, THE FINAL MURDER, Anne Holt (Norway)
- 4.6, NEXT OF KIN, Elsebeth Egholm (Denmark) **
- 5.0, THE QUARRY, Johan Theorin (Norway)
- 4.6, THE MIND'S EYE, Hakan Nesser (??)
- 4.5, THE STONE-CUTTER, Camilla Lackberg (Sweden) **
- 4.5, THE BLACK PATH, Asa Larsson (Sweden)
- 4.3, MIDWINTER SACRIFICE, Mons Kallentoft (Sweden) **
- 4.7, DEATH OF A CARPET DEALER, Karin Wahlberg (Sweden) **
- 4.5, THE BOMBER, Lisa Marklund (Sweden) **
- 4.5, LETHAL INVESTMENTS, K.O. Dahl (Sweden) **