I have now read 4 *** of the shortlisted nominations for CWA International Dagger and have both the others on my shelves.
The winners will be announced in London on the evening of July 15 - I will try to get them read.
I have linked the titles I have already read to my reviews.
Just looking at the final list, I think this is going to be a tough one to call.
- Karin Alvtegen, SHADOW, translated by McKinley Burnett, (Canongate)
- *** Arnaldur Indriðason, ARCTIC CHILL, translated by Bernard Scudder and Victoria Cribb (Harvill Secker)- my rating 4.8
- Stieg Larsson, THE GIRL WHO PLAYED WITH FIRE, translated by Reg Keeland (MacLehose Quercus)
- *** Jo Nesbø, THE REDEEMER, translated by Don Bartlett (Harvill Secker) - my rating 4.8
- *** Johan Theorin, ECHOES FROM THE DEAD, translated by Marlaine Delargy (Doubleday) - my rating 4.9
- *** Fred Vargas, THE CHALK CIRCLE MAN, translated by Siân Reynolds (Harvill Secker) - my rating 4.5
Something to check: Euro Crime's CWA International Dagger polls - compare the "sentimental" with the "logical" favourite.
I'm starting to read SHADOW tonight!