16 August 2010

Ned Kelly Awards 2010 Shortlist

A little bird told me..

Crime writers and readers converge for the 15th Ned Kelly Awards, honouring the past year’s best Australian crime writing. Host Jane Clifton will convene a panel on the topic ‘That one can do right in a world gone wrong’. In addition, a Lifetime Achievement Award will be presented to Peter Doyle by Shane Maloney.

The Awards will be presented from 7pm on September 3 at the Melbourne Writers' Festival.

True Crime

Peter Doyle – CROOKS LIKE US,  Publisher: Historic Houses Trust
Kathy Marks – PITCAIRN: PARADISE LOST, Publisher: Harper Collins
Robert  M.Kaplan: MEDICAL MURDER,: Publisher Allen & Unwin

Best First Fiction

Andrew Croome – DOCUMENT  Z,   Allen & Unwin
Mark Dapin – KING OF THE CROSS,   Macmillan
Robin Adair – DEATH AND THE RUNNING PATTERER,  Penguin

Best Fiction

Lenny Bartulin – THE BLACK RUSSIAN,   Scribe Publications
Michael Robotham -  BLEED FOR ME,  Hatchette
Gary Disher – WYATT, Text

SD Harvey Short Story

Lucy Sussex  THE FOUNTAIN OF JUSTICE
Zane Lovitt  LEAVING THE FOUNTAINHEAD
Robert Goodman THE TRAVERTINE FOUNTAIN 

Lifetime Achievement Award

Peter Doyle

See the Longlist here

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kerrie - Thanks for posting this. It'll be very interesting to see who the winners are....

Maxine Clarke said...

I've actually got a copy of Wyatt, given to me by the publisher. Do you think one can enjoy it without having read the previous novels in the series?

Kerrie said...

I haven't actually read WYATT either Maxine, so if I do, I'll be reading it without earlier ones I think

Bernadette said...

Surely we are the only country whose crime fiction award shortlist is NOT announced with any publicity. Though I do notice they've got something on their website today - however they've actually removed any other information of any value.

Regardless of this clearly I have no clue what makes good Australian crime fiction as I didn't like the one of these that I finished and didn't even finish the other one I tried (Wyatt).

Kiwicraig said...

I liked BLEED FOR ME.

I'm surprised Peter Temple's TRUTH was on the longlist but not the shortlist? Was the book withdrawn by the publisher?

There doesn't seem to be any other logical explanation for it not being there...

Kerrie Smith said...

I think he might have withdrawn it himself Craig - there was something in the press about him saying he's won it too many times

Kerrie Smith said...

Apparently the shortlists were announced somewhere in the Australian on the weekend Bernadette. MR sent me the list yesterday and then I found the short story shortlist confirmed on the site of the people giving the award. Last night when I looked the actual Ned Kelly Awards website still had a page of longlists (where the title said 2008) and no shortlists

The new, updated site, has been released since 6pm last night and contains no pre 2010 information

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin