- Latest additions
- 2016 Reviews
- All Reviews
- 2016 Reading Challenges Update
- 2016 Good Reading projects
- 2016 Vintage Cover Scavenger Hunt
- Authors A-Z
- USA Fiction Challenge 2014-
- Vintage Mystery BINGO 2015
- 2016-2014 Global Reading Challenge
- Aussie authors read in 2016 & 2015
- 2015 Reading Challenges Update
- Agatha Christie Novels
- 2015 Authors A to Z Reading Challenge!
- Agatha Christie Short Stories
- 2014 Reading Challenges Update
- Reviews 2012, 2013, 2014
- 2015 Reviews
- Reviews: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- 2012 & 2011 Reading Challenges Update
- 2013 Reading Challenges Update
- 2012 Global Reading Challenge
- 2013 Global Reading Challenge
- Crime Fiction Alphabet
24 August 2010
Thalia: Book sculpture
This giant book sculpture was placed outside a bookstore called Thalia in Linz, Austria. Believe it or not, this is an advertisement!
To celebrate its status of European Capital of Culture 2009, Linz (Austria) organized in May 2007 a life-size exhibition, Schaurausch - Art in 50 Shop Windows.
The idea was to enable thirty Austrian and International artists to transform 50 storefronts.Here the work of Spanish artist Alicia Martin who reinterpreted the front of a bookstore, Thalia.
A 12 meters waterfall of books rose from the first floor of the library, to symbolize a tower of Babel from which knowledge would be available beyond the huge number of shelves that a bookstore used to have.