7 August 2010

Weekly Geeks: 2010-27: Covers

This week Weekly Geeks has given us a range of cover related tasks to choose from.
I've chosen to look at the cover for one of my favourite novels: SHATTER by Michael Robotham




I always had a problem with winged image: I thought it signified the angel of death, you know, the sort you see on gravestones in the cemetery. In fact I like the USA cover much better, but isn't the French one fascinating? And then, the one that is really different is the cover for the German audio version. [If you are doubtful this is for SHATTER, check the blurb on the site.]

Michael Robotham's novels are now published in 20 countries.

4 comments:

Erotic Horizon said...

Hey Kerrie..

Happy Sarurday....

I am facinated by this cover of this book.... How left field is the US one...

I also like that one as well... But every other country choose to go with the angel theme...

I am not surprised by the audio - audio tend to be in a world by themselves...

Question..

Which one in your opinion is a true reflection of the plot of the book?

Is it this book that is published in 20 countires or is it his work in general?

E.H>

Kerrie said...

Thanks for the comments EH. I think the US cover is actually a better one although the nasty man in SHATTER does bring the angel of death with him. I'm not sure that SHATTER has been published in 20 countries, but Michael Robotham lists 20 different publishers.

Anonymous said...

Kerrie - How interesting to look at covers from different countries; I always find it interesting. I like the US cover best, too; it's got real impact. Of course, the French cover does, too, but I do like the U.S. cover the best.

gautami tripathy said...

I like the French cover best. It makes me wish to pick the book. Alas, I can't read French!

Weekly Geeks: Covers

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin