2 August 2013

Forgotten Book: SAN ANDREAS by Alistair MacLean

My plan this year for my contributions to Friday's Forgotten Books hosted by Pattinase is to feature books I read 20 years ago - in 1993- from the records I have in my "little green book", which I started in 1975.
In 1993 I read 111 books and was pretty well addicted to crime fiction by then.

I was still up for the occasional thriller and this week's choice was MacLean's second last published novel.


Suddenly, just before dawn, the lights went out aboard the San Andreas. For the British hospital ship sailing the deadly, U-boat patrolled Norwegian waters, a nightmare of violence and betrayal has begun. A terrifying game of sabotage in which an unknown traitor among the crew holds all the cards. The red crosses on the vessel's sides spell anything but safety. For a dangerous secret has turned the ship into a priceless quarry. With the Captain out of action Bosun Archie McKinnon takes over. Alone in treacherous, frozen seas, her compass smashed, the San Andreas is being drawn relentlessly into the enemy's hands.

Available from Amazon, even in a Kindle edition.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the way you've laid this post out, Kerrie - it's appealing.

skiourophile said...

This is such a classic book. I spent a lot of my teens reading MacLean (and Macinnes) - he could really spin a great story.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin