Timeline: 1st Jan 2010~ 31st Dec 2010.
Only books started on January 1st count towards this challenge.
You may already have read some eligible books
1. Anyone can join. You don't need a blog to participate.
2. There are four levels:
• "Put The Kettle On" – Read 2 Typically British novels.
• "Gordon Bennett" – Read 4 Typically British novels.
• "Bob's Your Uncle" – Read 6 Typically British novels.
• "Cream Crackered" – Read 8 Typically British novels.
3. Any book format counts. Must be fiction not non-fiction.
4. You don't have to select your books ahead of time, you can just add them as you go. Also if you do list them upfront then you can change them, nothing is set in stone!
5. The books you choose can crossover into other challenges.
I've excluded my Agatha Christie reading from the list below:, but as you can see, I've already completed the challenge.
To qualify, the titles I chose had to be written by British writers, set in Britain, crime fiction, and read this year. I'm sure I'll read more during the remainder of the year.
- 5.0, SKELETON HILL, Peter Lovesey
- 4.7, DANCING FOR THE HANGMAN, Martin Edwards
- 4.7, THE MONSTER IN THE BOX, Ruth Rendell
- 4.6, THE SUFFOCATING SEA, Pauline Rowson
- 4.5, THE SPY'S WIFE, Reginald Hill
- 4.4, COFFIN SCARCELY USED, Colin Watson
- 4.1, DEATH OF A GLUTTON, M. C. Beaton
- 3.9, THE CHORISTER AT THE ABBEY, Lis Howell
4.7, THE GHOSTS OF BELFAST, Stuart Neville
4.6, THE WHITE GALLOWS, Rob Kitchin