27 September 2013

Forgotten Book: B is for Burglar, Sue Grafton

My plan this year for my contributions to Friday's Forgotten Books hosted by Pattinase is to feature books I read 20 years ago - in 1993- from the records I have in my "little green book", which I started in 1975.
In 1993 I read 111 books and was pretty well addicted to crime fiction by then.

In my reading 20 years ago I began reading a number of series that I have kept up with ever since.
That was certainly the case with last week's book, Reginald Hill's BONES AND SILENCE.

And it was certainly the case with this week's choice. Sue Grafton had quite recently begun her "alphabet" series, and, rather obviously, B is for BURGLAR was #2 in the series, published in 1985. By 1993 she was up to J.

News this week comes that Grafton has now published W IS FOR WASTED.
So at 73 years of age Grafton as 3 letters to go, if she is to finish the series.


Synopsis of B IS FOR BURGLAR (Amazon)

Business was slow, and there was nothing about Beverly Danziger to cause Kinsey concern. She was looking for her sister. She paid up front. And if it seemed a lot of money for a routine job, Kinsey wasn't going to argue.

She kicked herself later for the things she didn't see. But by then she was in danger, and money was the last thing on her mind...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is such a great series! Glad you featured one of the novels.

Kelly Robinson said...

Can't believe it's all the way to 'W' now.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin