The truth is that I have to do it pretty often.
I borrow lots of my books from the library, and the due date seems to creep up on me with little warning, although in reality I usually have a one month loan period.
It seems I always underestimate how long a book is going to take me to read, and suddenly the book is due back. In reality I only read 2-3 books a week - you'd think I'd learn!
That is why books that have appeared in my TBRN (To Be Read Next) block will disappear off the landscape for a few weeks and then reappear later. They have heard the call of the library!
Read & Reviewed this week:
- 4.3, THE LABOURS OF HERCULES, Agatha Christie (10 October)
- 4.3, THE FIVE PEOPLE YOU MEET IN HEAVEN, Mitch Albom (5 Oct)
- 5.0, BLACKLANDS, Belinda Bauer (4 Oct): Winner of CWA Gold Dagger
- now - FEAR THE WORST, Linwood Barclay
- next on Kindle - CITY OF VEILS, Zoe Ferraris (Saudi Arabia)
- next Audio - WHILE THE LIGHT LASTS, Agatha Christie
- then on Audio - THE SKULL BENEATH THE SKIN, PD James
- Bouchercon 2010 begins October 14
- 2010 Gold, Fleming & Creasey Awards - Winners
- Spanish/Peruvian writer wins Nobel prize
- 53rd blog review carnival