21 August 2012

Crime Fiction Alphabet: N is for NEXT OF KIN


I've decided that for my participation in the Crime Fiction Alphabet in 2012 I will highlight recently read books or their authors.

So they'll all come from my 2012 Reviews. Or at least that's the plan.

My choice for the letter N is NEXT OF KIN by Elsebeth Egholm

This was the first novel I had read by this Danish author.
Synopsis (Amazon)

Why do we fear strangers when often it's those closest to us who pose the greatest threat?

Fear and anxiety have spread to Denmark in the aftermath of the London bombings. Late one evening, journalist Dicte Svendsen receives an anonymous package containing footage of a brutal murder—a beheading carried out by a sabre-wielding figure dressed in black.

Dicte and her old friend Inspector John Wagner form an uneasy alliance with the Danish secret intelligence service to identify the killer. As media reports unleash a wave of anti-Muslim hysteria across the country, panic escalates, and when Dicte’s teenage daughter is attacked, the investigation gets personal. Dicte has fought long and hard to put her dark past behind her—so how does the killer seem to know her deepest secrets?

See what I thought of it.

See what others have contributed this week for the letter N.
 

6 comments:

Peter Reynard said...

Your review has me intrigued. Is that from the dust jacket of the book or did you write that blurb yourself?

Anonymous said...

Kerrie - One of the things I like best about this meme is that I'm constantly getting good and helpful reminders of books and series I've meant to read and haven't yet. This is one of them. It's back on my radar so thanks.

Kerrie said...

Peter, the synopsis is from Amazon. What I thought of it is "My Take" on the review that I have linked to.

Margot - I am pleased to be able to add to your reading list.

Scott said...

Nice choice, will check out.

TracyK said...

Sounds like an interesting book. When I have time to add more new authors to my stacks, I will keep this one in mind. Although I will hope for earlier one in the series coming out too. Thanks for pointing it out.

Peggy Ann said...

A new setting for me. Sounds interesting.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin