It comes faithfully into my RSS feeds several times a day, and of course I also have that little widget over in the side column. On the little wheel, if you hover over the title you get the current UK price, the number of customer reviews, and the average star rating. If you click on the book itself, it takes you off to Amazon UK where you can read the review and of course order the book. And if you really need something to do , you can make the wheel spin around!
But that wasn't what I wanted to talk about today but to give you the list itself, and comment on a couple of newcomers.
- No Time For Goodbye, Linwood Barclay - has been there for a few weeks. My review (rating 4.7) is here.
- Devil May Care (James Bond), Sebastian Faulks - on the list a while now. I don't care for James Bond.
- The Ghost, Robert Harris - I've seen some good things said about this, but Amazon reviewers are only giving it ***.
- All the Colours of Darkness, Peter Robinson - I have this among my BTBR (Books To Be Read) already acquired. I'm looking forward to reading it, but actually have the one before it (FRIEND OF THE DEVIL) to read first.
- Deadline, Simon Kernick - reasonably new to the list, already has **** Amazon stars.
- The Shack, William P. Young - I haven't noticed this before, and know nothing about it, but it appears to be on the way up.
- In the Dark, Mark Billingham - also in my BTBR pile, Amazon average review is *****. Publication date was August 7, 2008. He is coming to Melbourne Writers' Festival and on a panel with Michael Robotham (I think). This is a stand alone, not part of the Tom Thorne series. You can read an excerpt here. You appear to be able to read excerpts from most of his novels on his site. The most recent in the Tom Thorne series is DEATH MESSAGE.
- A Quiet Belief in Angels, R.J. Ellory - has been on the list all year but now on the way down. My review is here. Running at just under *****. I gave it 5 .0 as a rating and you'll find it in my blog postings several times if you search for Ellory.
- The Private Patient (Adam Dalgliesh Mystery), P.D. James - not due for release until 4 Sep 2008. I guess it's position on the list reflects the number of pre-orders.
- Devil Bones, by Kathy Reichs - not due for release until 28 Aug 2008.
I've just finished "All the Colours of Darkness" by Peter Robinson so am now waiting for your review.
Post a Comment