29 October 2008

What's on your nightstand?

I'm very pleased to report that what was on my nightstand last month (on the 4th Tuesday in the month - OK! I know I'm a day late) all got read and reviewed!

Then I listed
THE MYSTERIOUS AFFAIR AT STYLES, Agatha Christie
COLD IN HAND, John Harvey
THE YIDDISH POLICEMAN'S UNION, Michael Chabon
THE SKELETON IN THE CLOSET by M.C. Beaton
THE MIRACLE AT SPEEDY MOTORS by Alexander MCCall Smith.

Last night I finished BROKEN by Karin Fossum and tonight's little job is to write my review. So I'll do that later.

In the next month I'm planning to read
THE LONDON EYE MYSTERY, Siobhan Dowd
A MAN LAY DEAD, Ngaio Marsh
DEAD I WELL MAY BE, Adrian McKinty
THE UNQUIET NIGHT, Patricia Carlon
WHAT THE DEAD KNOW, Laura Lippman
PLAY DEAD, Richard Montanari
THE DYING BREED , Declan Hughes
OVERKILL, Vanda Symon
A SIMPLE ACT OF VIOLENCE, R. J. Ellory
DEAD HEAT, Dick & Felix friancis
THE CRUEL STARS OF NIGHT, Kjell Eriksson

plus a couple to still come from the library
THE MAN IN THE BROWN SUIT, Agatha Christie for my Agatha Christie Reading Challenge
A HOLLY, JOLLY MURDER, Joan Hess for oz_mystery_readers

oh and
THE 19TH WIFE, by David Ebershoff for my face to face book group.

and I'm trying another "graphic novel"
THE SECRET OF CHIMNEYS, Agatha Christie (adapted by Francois Riviere)

and I'm listening to
  • audio book - THE LORD'S DAY, Michael Dobbs
  • and - CORDUROY MANSIONS, Alexander McCall Smith, up to ch. 26 (about 7 chapters behind)
Just as well I have a long plane trip to Singapore and back coming up!

Thanks Marg at Reading Adventures for the timely posting, otherwise I would have forgotten.
Visit 5 Minutes for Books to see what others have on their nightstand this month.

7 comments:

nellybelle said...

I like to see what you are reading. I am in a mystery phase, but I read lots of other things, too. I just finished a novel by Harlan Coban (Myron Bolitar series)I like Lisa Kleypas,Mary Higgins Clark, Jodi Thomas

Kerrie said...

Thanks for popping by nellybelle. As you can see I find it very hard to read anything but crime fiction. There is so much out there, just waiting..

Anonymous said...

I'm keeping up with Corduroy Mansions too Kerrie but I am the only one finding it to be completely devoid of plot? I like the reader's voice, and I like McCall Smith's way with words but it reminds me of an old Monty Python skit where a news anchor announced "Mr Smith woke up this morning, drank his tea, left his house and as he walked around the corner....NOTHING HAPPENED".

Kerrie said...

I've found it difficult to get myself to listen this week Bernadette- as I said last week I'm not sure why I'm listening apart from the fact that Andrew Sachs is so lovely to listen to. There really doesn't seem to be any story line excpet the bit about the con with the dog

Anonymous said...

I grew up devouring Agatha Christie books. I haven't picked one up in a while. It just might be time again.

Kerrie said...

I'm getting a lot out of re-reading them Heather - re-reading is something I rarely do. But I don't really remember a lot about the original stories

Vanda Symon said...

Blimey, how do you find the time - that's one helluva big list! (Nice to see my book in it though (-: )

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin