12 October 2008

Sunday Salon #29 - 12 October 2008

This has been "revamp the blog" week.
If you come in you'll find I have made some major changes.
Among them
  • a menu bar across the top which takes some of the stuff from the side panel
  • A Search box in the side panel
  • A Recent Comments block
  • A popular posts block
  • a new block about where to buy Australian books online
  • I remade my Agatha Christie Reading Challenge image/icon
  • I moved the counters etc. down the side panel because they are probably not of great interest to my readers although they tickle my fancy.
  • I made an entirely new page for my blog roll called Crime Fiction Journeys
  • I had already moved my list of books reviewed in 2008 to its own page at Smik's Reviews.
Not all the things I have created are standard Blogger issue, so if you are interested in any of them feel free to email me for the code. My email is linked up in the right hand corner of this page.

Do feel free to leave comments about what you think about the new "features".
I've still got too much in the side bar....

Currently reading
  • now - THE YIDDISH POLICEMAN'S UNION, Michael Chabon
  • after that - The Mammoth book of Best Crime Comics
  • audio book - THE MIRACLE AT SPEEDY MOTORS, Alexander McCall Smith
  • also listening to - CORDUROY MANSIONS, Alexander McCall Smith, I'm up to chapter 20
Postings this week
Breaking news
Activities
  • Where do the books you read generally come from?
    Your choices are a library, new from the book shop, ARC or review copy, used book shop, from a friend, BookMooch, Book Crossing, other.
    Come in and vote on the poll that is running in the sidebar.
    There are 8 days to go
  • Vote for my blog on Bloggers Choice

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I like the changes Kerrie...and isn't it all about me? Seriously, it looks good - all the book-y stuff at the top and easy to get to. And the search box is much appreciated too...often when I see a book I know nothing about available on bookmooch I go to a couple of my favourite blogs to see if they've reviewed it so now I can use your blog for that too. I hope you don't get oodles of people asking you to change it back :)

Kerrie said...

Thanks Bernadette. I'm pretty happy with it. Too late to go back though - no simple method of doing that.

Anonymous said...

Very nice, Kerrie! I like that Crime Fiction Journeys page - a bit like your very own FriendFeed!

BooksPlease said...

I like it too. The blogroll page is a good idea - I might try that too.

It's difficult to vote in the poll on where do the books you read generally come from because I use most of those.

Cathy said...

Looks like we both had the same thing in mind at about the same time. I did some of my own tidying up on my blog! LOL I really like the changes you made, and will probably email you about a couple of them.

Kerrie said...

Thanks Maxine, Margaret and Cathy. I'm glad the changes work for you. I really enjoy playing around with my blog and with writing the posts

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin