I've had an excellent start to the year, mainly induced I think by the fact that I was on holidays for a couple of weeks.
I've read quite a range including three Australian authors** you should become acquainted with.
Again I had quite a bit to choose from for my pick of the month
. THE BRUTAL TELLING and BAD INTENTIONS were both outstanding contenders, but the winner had to be THE RULE BOOK.
- 4.4, IN THE TEETH OF THE EVIDENCE, Dorothy L. Sayers (31 January) - audio
- 4.3, DEATH ON THE NILE, Agatha Christie (31 January)
- 5.0, THE RULE BOOK, Rob Kitchin (30 January)
- 4.5, THE HALF-CHILD, Angela Savage (26 January)**
- 4.9, THE BRUTAL TELLING, Louise Penny (24 January)
- 4.7, PRIME CUT, Alan Carter (21 January)**
- 4.4, THE PERICLES COMMISSION, Gary Corby (16 January)**
- 4.5, OUR LADY OF PAIN, Elena Forbes (15 January) - audio book
- 4.9, BAD INTENTIONS, Karin Fossum (13 January) - kindle
- 4.2, OF WILD DOGS, Jane Taylor (12 January)
- 4.2, THE SOUNDS OF CRIME, Maxim Jakubowski (editor) - audio book (10 January)
- 4.5, RAILWAY TO THE GRAVE, Edward Marston (7 January)
- 4.4, A COTSWOLD KILLING, Rebecca Tope (6 January)
- 4.7, THE MAN WHO WENT UP IN SMOKE, Maj Sjowall & Per Wahloo (3 January)
- 4.5, DUMB WITNESS, Agatha Christie (1 January)
- 4.4, MAIGRET & the MAN on the BOULEVARD, Georges Simenon (1 January)
- 4.5, MIDNIGHT CAB, James W. Nichol (1 January)
That's a very impressive reading list for only one month! Wish I could manage that much.
Thanks for your kind words in this post and previous ones about The Pericles Commission. It was fun to write, and it's terrific (and a relief!) to hear people like it.
Post a Comment