6 April 2008

People to read with: follow up

The face2face group mentioned in yesterday's post met this morning over a delicious cup of coffee at Bracegirdles on Greenhill Rd.

I still haven't finished BYE BYE BABY by Lauren Crow, but the others have encouraged me to go on.
Things that I complained about they told me to live with and get on with reading more!

Maggie was the chooser for next month's soire and her suggestions were all translated Scandinavian titles.
THE SAVAGE ALTAR by Asa Larsson
KENNEDY'S BRAIN by Henning Mankell
THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO by Stieg Larsson
We have gone with the first, but will probably try to read all three.
Maggie says they are all interesting because they don't have a "proper detective" at their centre.

THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO by Stieg Larsson is doing the rounds of discussion groups at present, and will be discussed on the ABC's First Tuesday Book Club next month too - an added incentive to fit it in my reading schedule.

I need to go to a desert island!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you made a good choice. The Savage Altar was called Sun Storm when I read it, as I read the US edition. I thought it was brilliant. It is very different from Girl With Dragon Tattoo-- more intimate -- but the themes are similar. It is also much shorter. I can't wait for the next one in the series, not yet available in UK (pb) but will be soon. Looking forward to reading what you all made of it. A real stand-out book in my opinion.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin