8 July 2008

Three Authors I Couldn't Live Without

A gauntlet thrown down by Karen over at Aust Crime Fiction- she picked it up from David J Montgomery's Crime Fiction Blog
Who are the three authors whose work you would miss the most if they stopped writing?

Karen picked Reginald Hill and I must admit he is near the top of my list too.
But I'll choose 3 others from my list of favourites.

Peter Lovesey would have to be near the top too- I've read him since 1970 when his first, WOBBLE TO DEATH, was published

Michael Robotham although only a young writer, and only 4 books to his credit, is right up there.

And I dread to hear that something has happened to Ruth Rendell/Barbara Vine. I know she will soon stop writing, but not just yet please.

If you take up the challenge, come back and tell me where to find your posting

3 comments:

Gary ("Old Dude") said...

I just love those authors that write profically with one adventure after another with continuing characters. Have just finished Anne Perry's series set in WW 1, England 1914-1919.

GaryJay,
http://threescoreplusten.blogspot.com/

J. Kingston Pierce said...

I love this meme. My own author picks--Peter Lovesey, Peter Robinson, and Robert Crais--are discussed more fully in The Rap Sheet:

http://therapsheet.blogspot.com/2008/06/
dont-take-my-sunshine-away.html

Cheers,
Jeff

Kerrie said...

Thanks for popping in and leaving a comment. I'm not so taken with Anne Perry or Robert Crais myself, but I nearly included Peter Robinson on my list too. So hard to choose just 3

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin