14 May 2010

The Girl Who.. Some sort of record?

Amazon UK Crime Fiction Best Sellers comes into my RSS inbox every day and I've been watching the Stieg Larsson novels with some fascination: (sorry if the print is a bit blurry but you will see what I mean)

Note how long they have been in the top 100.

There's another list called "most gifted" - that means "most often given as gifts"
The top 6 in that list are
  1. THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO - rated at 4 stars out of 5 by customers
    My review, rated at 4.8
  2. THE GIRL WHO KICKED THE HORNET'S NEST - rated at 4.7 stars out of 5 by customers
    My review
    , rated at 4.6
  3. THE GIRL WHO PLAYED WITH FIRE - rated at 4.5 stars out of 5 by customers.
    My review rated 4.7
  4. THE LOST SYMBOL, Dan Brown - rated at 3.1 stars out of 5 by customers (not much encouragement to buy that eh)
  5. CAUGHT, Harlan Coben - rated at 4.2 stars out of 5 by customers
  6. 61 HOURS, Lee Child - rated at 4 stars out of 5 by customers
Guess which 3 books top the "wish lists" too? That's right the Larssons!

3 comments:

Marg said...

The Girl Who books are definitely the train book de rigeur! Every time I get on the train I see people reading them. Of course, it wasn't so long ago that I was one of those people!

Bernadette said...

I've been doing a bit of digging around Oz best seller lists of late and these all appear here too - about a month ago (when the film was on) there were FOUR Larsson titles in the top ten - the 4th was a film tie-in version of TGWTDT but the other version of it was also in the list

Todd Mason said...

It still irks me that the Anglophone publishers have used condescending "Girl" titles on any but the middle volume, where it makes sense. In no other language edition does this seem to be true.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin