28 May 2010

THE MURDER AT THE VICARAGE comes out on top

Ten days ago I asked people to nominate their best Agatha Christie novel.

Twelve people responded, many confessing that, like me, they hadn't read all the novels she wrote.

Here is the resultant list.
You will notice that 8 out of 12 chose THE MURDER AT THE VICARAGE.

The Murder at the Vicarage (8)
And Then There Were None (6)
Murder On the Orient Express (5), The Murder of Roger Ackroyd (5)
Death on the Nile (3), Evil under the Sun (3), The Mysterious Affair at Styles (3)

Here is a sample of the BBC audio


And here is the beginning of the Geraldine McEwan TV version

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kerrie - Thanks for posting this. I have to admit I'm a bit surprised, but no matter; it's a fine novel : ).

Jose Ignacio Escribano said...

A great list to star revisiting Agatha Christie novels. Thanks Kerrie.

Bernadette said...

I am surprised a Miss Marple one would come out on top but then I haven't read that one for yonks so what do I know? Maybe I'll try the audio version some time.

raidergirl3 said...

I just read Murder on the Orient Express and it was excellent! I've never been as much of a Miss Marple fan, but will definitely look into this one as well.

I'm sure I read nearly all the Christie mysteries years ago, but I really don't remember any specifically. They all seem new again. How lucky is that - to be able to read them all for the first time twice!

Unknown said...

I love that book and although it's not my favorite, it's a classic.

CD

Dorte H said...

Of course it won.

Miss Marple rules! :D

Used Machinery said...

I just read Murder on the Orient Express and it was excellent. I've never been as much of a Miss Marple fan, but will definitely look into this one as well.

Used Machinery said...

Where can i watch miss marple the murder at the vicarage with geraldine mcewan for free online??

Kerrie said...

try searching YouTube

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin