23 May 2010

Sunday Salon: 23 May 2010: what is important to me

Can visitors readily identify what your blog is about and what you read?

First of all on this blog I tell people who I am:
    Hello. I'm Kerrie, seriously addicted to crime fiction. To mark your visit, please leave a comment. I read and review crime fiction, so email me if you want to send me a book you would like me to read. Beware: I am in Adelaide, South Australia. I have a Kindle so will review e-books

My mini tag cloud gives a good indication of what matters to me on this blog:
As do the headlines I add to every week
What I am currently reading (or rather, my list of intended reading that I don't always stick to)

  • now - THE GHOSTS OF BELFAST, Stuart Neville
  • next - B-VERY FLAT, Margot Kinberg
  • Audio - THE FIFTH WOMAN, Henning Mankell
  • A DARKER DOMAIN, Val McDermid
  • THURSDAY NIGHT WIDOWS, Claudia Pineiro (Argentina)
  • THE SILENCE OF THE RAIN, Luiz Alfredo Garcia-Roza (Brazil)
  • HYPOTHERMIA, Arnaldur Indridason (Iceland)
  • Kindle - KILL AND CURE, Stephen Davison
and finally my growing list of posts.
Here is what I have posted this week:
Does all that help you get to know me better?
What is important to you?

    5 comments:

    Allie ~ Hist-Fic Chick said...

    You bring up a very good point! I am both a book blogger AND a publicist for a literary agency, and when I wear my publicist hat it can be frustrating sometimes when I can't tell if a book would be a good fit for a particular blog simply because there is no indication of what that person likes (a review policy, an about me section, SOMETHING). I think some bloggers are really missing out by not making their likes and interests clearer to industry professionals because often the publicist will just skip that blog altogether, rather than taking the time to analyze what they may like.

    Putting back on my blogger hat, I think my blog's title speaks for itself. The name is Hist-Fic Chick, and if that doesn't tell people right away that I'm crazy about historical fiction, I don't know what will! :)

    Kerrie said...

    Thanks for dropping in Allie and for taking the time to comment. Histroiacl Fiction has quite a following doesn't it?

    Jose Ignacio Escribano said...

    A very well-organized and excellent blog is probably the reflection of a very well-ordered head. I hope the Spanish saying is well translated into English.

    Jose Ignacio Escribano said...

    I should have said mind in stead of head.

    Kerrie said...

    thanks very much Jose - I suspect my mind is not as well organised as you think

    LinkWithin

    Blog Widget by LinkWithin