2 October 2011

My reads in September 2011

Lots of books in the last month, generally of a very good level, although one "donkey".
  1. 1.0, THE EMPANADA AFFAIR, Jerold & Elaine Last (29 September) - Kindle
  2. 4.1, CARIBBEAN MOON, Rick Murcer (28 September)- Kindle
  3. 4.3, DEATH IN THE LATIN QUARTER, Raphael Cardetti (26 September)
  4. 4.2, NEMESIS, Lindsey Davis (25 September)- audio
  5. 4.4, A QUESTION OF BELIEF, Donna Leon (24 September)
  6. 4.4, ACTS OF MURDER, Laurali R. Wright (22 September)
  7. 4.4, N or M? Agatha Christie  (21 September) - Kindle
  8. 4.8, VIOLENT EXPOSURE, Katherine Howell (18 September)- Australian author
  9. 5.0, THE END OF THE WASP SEASON, Denise Mina  (14 September) - Kindle
  10. 4.5, TO THE HILT, Dick Francis (12 September)- audio
  11. 4.0, BUNKER, Andrea Maria Schenkel (11 September) - Kindle
  12. 4.5, THE HYPNOTIST, Lars Kepler  (10 September) - Kindle
  13. 4.5, THE SATURDAY BIG TENT WEDDING PARTY, Alexander McCall Smith (7 September)
  14. 4.4, DEATH OF A RED HEROINE, Qiu Xiaolong (3 September)- Kindle
  15. 4.8, DEAD LIKE YOU, Peter James (3 September) - audio
My pick of the month was Denise Mina's THE END OF THE WASP SEASON which I gave 5.0 to, but VIOLENT EXPOSURE by Katherine Howell and DEAD LIKE YOU, Peter James have my very high recommendations.

3 of the 15 books were unabridged audio versions, 7 were e-books read on my Kindle,2 were from my TBR, and 3 from the local library.

My aim this year is to exceed 142 books which was last year's achievement, and at 121, I am well on the way.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kerrie - That's an impressive number of books. Sorry that one of them was such a big disappointment to you, but you've got some great ones there, too. I admire the amount of reading you're always able to accomplish.

Bernadette said...

I am about 2thirds of the way through WASP SEASON right now...I am finding it...odd...very depressing and a little disjointed. Kindle version full of typos too

kathy d. said...

Great accomplishment in terms of number and quality of (most) books.

Will write down some titles.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin