My intent is to read her books in order, so that I can get some idea of what she is doing, problems she is attempting to solve, and her development as a writer. If you look at some of my reviews you will see that I have been able to undertake some of this reflection.
I am mainly borrowing the books from my local library and as such am a bit subject to some outside influences, and as a result may do a little out of order reading.
Check the opening blog of the Agatha Christie Reading Challenge here.
- 1920, THE MYSTERIOUS AFFAIR AT STYLES - finished
- 1922, THE SECRET ADVERSARY- finished
- 1923, THE MURDER ON THE LINKS - finished
- 1924, THE MAN IN THE BROWN SUIT - finished
1924, POIROT INVESTIGATES (short stories: eleven in the UK, fourteen in the US) - I have a copy of this
- 1925, THE SECRET OF CHIMNEYS - I have a copy of this
- 1926, THE MURDER OF ROGER ACKROYD - finished
- 1927, THE BIG FOUR
- 1928, THE MYSTERY OF THE BLUE TRAIN
- 1929, THE SEVEN DIALS MYSTERY
- 1930, THE MURDER AT THE VICARAGE
Please feel free to join in my challenge, comment on my reviews etc.
I have set up a block over in the right hand column called Agatha Christie Reading Challenge (with the same logo as this post) where I am listing the books I'm currently reading and those I've finished.
The challenge is called ACRC so each review will be preceded by those letters.
If you want to follow my progress through your RSS reader, then the RSS URL is
Just save that in your bookmarks or RSS reader and you will be notified when I have written a new post.
Alternatively you could subscribe to the feed through FeedMyInbox. Just copy the RSS URL, click on the FeedMyInbox link and paste the URL in there.
You will need to confirm your subscription by email.