18 August 2011

Forgotten Book: THE THROTTLEPENNY MURDER, Roger J. Green

My contribution this week to Pattinase's Friday's Forgotten Books is a book I read in 1993. It was published in 1989 by O.U.P..


Publisher's Blurb:

Jessie hated old Throttlepenny, her miserly boss. She dreamed about ways of hurting him, but never had the nerve to turn her dreams into reality. When Throttlepenny is found murdered and she finds herself under arrest. Will someone prove her innocence before she is hanged?

In 1989 the book was shortlisted for the Carnegie Award so I presume it was actually adolescent fiction. (I was teaching secondary school English at the time and always looking for books that might interest my students)

Fantastic Fiction lists the following
The Throttlepenny Murder (1989)
Dreamgold (1991)
She Was a Witch (1992)
Wolfecho (1995)
Cuckoos (1998)
Daggers (2001)
The Hidden Hand (2003)


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin