- Latest additions
- 2018 Reading Challenges
- 2018 Reviews
- Aussie authors read in 2018 - 2015
- Authors A-Z
- 2017 Reviews
- 2017 Reading Challenges Update
- 2017 Global Reading Challenge
- All Reviews
- USA Fiction Challenge 2014-
- 2016 Reading Challenges Update
- 2016 Good Reading projects
- 2016 Reviews
- Agatha Christie Novels
- 2016 Vintage Cover Scavenger Hunt
- 2016-2014 Global Reading Challenge
- 2015 Reading Challenges Update
- 2015 Reviews
- 2015 Authors A to Z Reading Challenge!
- Vintage Mystery BINGO 2015
- Agatha Christie Short Stories
- Reviews 2012, 2013, 2014
- Reviews: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- 2014 Reading Challenges Update
- 2012 & 2011 Reading Challenges Update
- 2013 Reading Challenges Update
- Crime Fiction Alphabet
- 2013 Global Reading Challenge
- 2012 Global Reading Challenge
11 September 2010
Agatha Christie Blog Tour 2010 - Day 11
Today's tour stop is the Orient Express.
Below are some links I've collected over the last year.
Holiday on the Orient express
An article from the Australian newspaper from March 2010
NOTHING captivates travellers more than the utterly unlikely. And that is how it feels aboard the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express.
Murder on the Orient Express 2010
David Suchet returns as Hercule Poirot with the cast including Eileen Atkins as Princess Dragomiroff, Barbara Hershey as Mrs Hubbard, Toby Jones as Samuel Ratchett, Hugh Bonneville as Edward Masterman, Elena Satine as Countess Andrenyi, JoeylBrian J. Smith as Hector MacQueen, David Morrissey as Colonel Arbuthnot, Jessica Chastain as Mary Debenham, Denis Menochet as Pierre Michel, among others.
The Orient Express reaches the buffers
Article from the Telegraph December 2009
The world’s most famous train finally stops running on Monday. While the new European railway timetable brings speedier journeys for Kent commuters, it also consigns the Orient Express to the history books. Not the Venice-bound tourist service that offers an expensive fantasy of teak, crystal, white damask and black-tie dinners, but the real Orient Express, the train that started running from Paris to Constantinople back in 1883.
Last trip on the Orient Express
Article from the UK Guardian December 2009
But now the Orient Express is to be cut from Europe's rail timetables. Next weekend, the service – which runs only between Strasbourg and Vienna – will be scrapped, a victim of high-speed railways and cut-price flights.
Orient Express arrives in Istanbul
The Orient Express got a reprieve with a special trip in August 2010 from Paris to Istanbul for 95 passengers.
And here from YouTube is the first part of a 2009 documentary that David Suchet made about a trip he had on the Orient Express. If you go to Youtube you will find out parts of the same documentary are available.