Today on the blog tour we are with Beth at Endless Books
Beth is attempting to read Agatha Christie's books from the 1920s in order of publication. Here is her progress report.
Agatha Christie, the great mystery novelist, has long been one of my favorite writers. I discovered her when I was about fifteen... I'm a sucker for publication order. There's something about it that satisfies all my inner "J" (that's the "J" that comes at the end of the Myers-Briggs personality type test) the same J'ness that loved doing shelf-reads when I worked in a library. I love seeing the order of things. In the case of an author's work, I love seeing the order in which they wrote their books, especially if they wrote a lot of them. That doesn't mean I will always go back and read their books in a certain order, or that I won't have favorites I return to disproportionately, but it's such fun to note the development of characters, themes, images and ideas when you read an author from start to finish.
Beth has celebrated the characters Tommy and Tuppence in a very engaging way. So do visit Endless Books today.
Previous stops on the Agatha Christie Blog Tour
- Blog tour launch: MYSTERIES in PARADISE - Kerrie
- Agatha Christie Mile
- Julia Mckenzie’s first on set interview as Miss Marple
- Read THE CAPTURE OF CERBERUS on line
- Dear Ms. Christie, I regret to say...
- A Library is a hospital for the mind - Sarah
- Caviglia's Cabinet of Curiosities
- Confessions of a Mystery Novelist - Margot
- Unfinished Person - Bryan
- Art Deco Inspiration
- David Suchet on the Orient Express
- Agatha Christie on AudioFile
- Miss Lemon's Mysteries - Elizabeth
- Mystery Fanfare - Janet
- Birthday celebration (special quiz) on Agatha Christie Carnival
See also today's post at MYSTERIES in PARADISE for the birthday cake.
- The Game's Afoot - Jose Ignacio
- Poe's Deadly Daughters - Sandy
- Dial M for Marple
- Crime Scraps - Norman
- Overkill - Vanda
- Reactions to Reading - Bernadette
- Books Please - Margaret
- 2010: The Year in Books - Nancy
Birdie's Nest - Birdie