- Latest additions
- 2017 Reviews
- 2017 Reading Challenges Update
- 2017 Global Reading Challenge
- All Reviews
- All Reviews - from May 2017
- Authors A-Z
- Aussie authors read in 2017 - 2015
- USA Fiction Challenge 2014-
- 2016 Reading Challenges Update
- 2016 Good Reading projects
- 2016 Reviews
- Agatha Christie Novels
- 2016 Vintage Cover Scavenger Hunt
- 2016-2014 Global Reading Challenge
- 2015 Reading Challenges Update
- 2015 Reviews
- 2015 Authors A to Z Reading Challenge!
- Vintage Mystery BINGO 2015
- Agatha Christie Short Stories
- Reviews 2012, 2013, 2014
- Reviews: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- 2014 Reading Challenges Update
- 2012 & 2011 Reading Challenges Update
- 2013 Reading Challenges Update
- Crime Fiction Alphabet
- 2013 Global Reading Challenge
- 2012 Global Reading Challenge
20 September 2010
Agatha Christie Blog Tour 2010 - Day 20
Our host today is New Zealand author Vanda Symon who blogs at Overkill
Vanda now has 3 published novels
Vanda lives in Dunedin and when she is not writing Crime novels she's busy being a Domestic Goddess and queen of her household..
The first in my Sam Shephard detective series, Overkill, was published by Penguin New Zealand in 2007. The Ringmaster was released in August 2008, and Containment in December 2009. The German translation of Overkill, Ein Harmloser Mord was published by Blanvalet in October 2008.
Vanda's true passion is the writings of Ngaio Marsh, but I suspect Agatha Christie comes a close second.
Vanda is a very busy lady as you'll see when you visit Overkill.
Earlier this month she was putting the finishing touches on her post grad thesis, posted off the manuscript for her fourth Sam Shephard novel. She can often be found interviewing authors and reviewing books on local New Zealand radio.
In July Vanda reviewed Black Coffee, an Agatha Christie play that had been "novelised".
Today Vanda talks about what she learnt at dinner from fellow crime fiction novelist Val McDermid.