Our host today is The Thrill of it All
Chris Well is the author of Nursing a Grudge (Barbour) What's a grouchy old man to do when two women drag him from his assisted-living apartment to a clandestine chili party? He almost has fun -- until someone drops dead. But Earl Walker is the only one suspicious of the way the partygoer met his demise. Can he solve the puzzle -- and figure out his relationship with his new lady friend -- before the state shuts down the home and all the suspects move away? READ THE FIRST CHAPTER FREE!
Earlier in the year Chris provided his readers with a complete list of mysteries starring senior sleuth Miss Jane Marple.
Chris lists the following as his "best" posts:
- 150 Mystery Series: 1841-2010
- Murderous Beginnings: 40 Detective Fiction Firsts
- Retirement is Murder: 10 Senior Sleuths
- Still Kicking: 10 More Senior Sleuths
- Murder on the Menu: 13 Food Mysteries
- 10 Senior Sleuths on TV
- All Aboard For Murder: 10 Mysteries on Trains
- Christmas Can Be Murder: 10 Seasonal Mystery Titles
- Paying tribute to NERO WOLFE
I've noticed too that Books to the Ceiling also has a post about the Agatha Christie Reading Challenge today. Roberta has discovered some lovely original covers for Agatha Christie novels.