11 September 2010

Canadian Book Challenge 2010-2011 Update

I'm a sucker for challenges this year.

The Canadian Book Challenge is hosted by John Mutford who blogs at The Book Mine Set.
You have one year to read 13 Canadian books and review them somewhere online, from Canada Day, July 1st, 2010- Canada Day, July 1st, 2011. There will be check-ins at the beginning of each month to see how everyone is progressing and have their current status marked in the sidebar of this blog. Participants are encouraged to read each others' reviews, discuss the books, and cheer one another on.



As always, my books will all be crime fiction.

So far
  1. 4.9, A RULE AGAINST MURDER,  Louise Penny (20 July 2010)
  2. 4.6, ALL THE COLOURS OF DARKNESS, Peter Robinson (10 September 2010) 
already on my shelves:
Peter Robinson, A DEDICATED MAN
Peter Robinson, BAD BOY
Vicki Delany, WHITEOUT
James W. Nichol, MIDNIGHT CAB
William Deverell, APRIL FOOL

On my Kindle
Vicki Delany, NEGATIVE IMAGE
Rick Mofina, VENGEANCE ROAD

On order from the library
Louise Penny, THE BRUTAL TELLING
Louise Penny, BURY YOUR DEAD
Linwood Barclay, FEAR THE WORST
Linwood Barclay, NEVER LOOK AWAY

Good reference point: Arthur Ellis Awards shortlist; past winners

Virtual Peaks to be scaled
GLEN VALLEY (1 book read)
WHITE HILL (2 books read)
ISHPATINA RIDGE (3 books read)
MOUNT CARLETON (4 books read)
BALDY MOUNTAIN (5 books read)
CYPRESS HILLS (6 books read)
MONT D'IBERVILLE (7 books read)
MOUNT CAUBVICK (8 books read)
BARBEAU PEAK (9 books read)
MOUNT NIRVANA (10 books read)
MOUNT COLUMBIA (11 books read)
MOUNT FAIRWEATHER (12 books read)
MOUNT LOGAN (13 or more books read)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kerrie - It looks as though you have got some great reads there. I'll be really interested to see what you think of them.

Maxine Clarke said...

I highly recommend Midnight Cab by James W Nicholl, a highly satisfying crime story which I enjoyed tremendously when I read it recently. (Review at Petrona, with some associated links.)

Susan said...

Hi Kerrie - I'm so glad you joined, and I was going to ask if you'd heard of Vicki Delaney. I just discovered her thanks to another blogger, and am really enjoying her books too. I'm reading mostly mysteries too for the Canadian challenge! lol We'll have to see if we read the Louise Penny at the same time, I've got her two -A Brutal Telling and The Murder Stone - on my list as well. Maybe we can do a shared discussion on our blogs for one of her books?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin