29 August 2010

Sunday Salon: 29 Aug 2010: Get Thee Reading


My guess is that my fellow Sunday Saloners need no encouragement to read. We've probably had our noses in our books all our lives.

The beauty of a project like the Sunday Salon is that we get to talk about what we're reading and get ideas from others in the Salon.
Perhaps our cyber reading room looks a bit like this magnificent one in the New York library:


Events of note
This week's poll: Are you reading e-books?
Take part in this poll whether you are reading e-books or not, and do leave a comment on the post linked to the poll.

Headlines of interest
This week's other posts:
Currently reading:
  • now - GUNSHOT ROAD, Adrian Hyland
  • and then - CUT & RUN, Alix Bosco
  • after that - FEAR THE WORST, Linwood Barclay
  • next (on Kindle) - BLACKLANDS, Belinda Bauer
  • now on Audio - ROYAL FLUSH, Lynda la Plante
  • next Audio - THE SKULL BENEATH THE SKIN, PD James

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kerrie - What a lovely 'photo! Yes, I could probably spend months right there....

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I love that beautiful library! My library has been closed for repairs for months now. At this point, I'd love any library.

Mason Canyon said...

I love your thoughts on what Sunday Salon is - a cyber reading room. Wonderfully put. Love this photo too. I could spent days there.

Mason
Thoughts in Progress

Anonymous said...

I don't know. Maybe it's because I'm from a rural area, but I'd prefer reading a book outside than in such a busy environment as above. :) Hey, but to each his/her own.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin