Currently I am managing about a book a month, and now I'm back on schedule.
I've read 26 books and 11 collections of short stories.
Read & reviewed so far
- 1920, THE MYSTERIOUS AFFAIR AT STYLES
- 1922, THE SECRET ADVERSARY
- 1923, THE MURDER ON THE LINKS
- 1924, THE MAN IN THE BROWN SUIT
1924, Poirot Investigates (short stories: eleven in the UK, fourteen in the US)
- 1925, THE SECRET OF CHIMNEYS
- 1926, THE MURDER OF ROGER ACKROYD
- 1927, THE BIG FOUR
- 1928, THE MYSTERY OF THE BLUE TRAIN
- 1929, THE SEVEN DIALS MYSTERY
1929, Partners in Crime (fifteen short stories; featuring Tommy and Tuppence)
- 1930, THE MURDER AT THE VICARAGE
1930, The Mysterious Mr. Quin (twelve short stories; introducing Mr. Harley Quin)
- 1931, THE SITTAFORD MYSTERY (aka MURDER AT HAZELMOOR)
- 1932, PERIL AT END HOUSE
1932 The Thirteen Problems (thirteen short stories; featuring Miss Marple, also known as The Tuesday Club Murders in the US)
- 1933, LORD EDGEWARE DIES (aka THIRTEEN AT DINNER)
- 1934, MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS (aka MURDER IN THE CALAIS COACH)
- 1934, WHY DIDN'T THEY ASK EVANS? (aka THE BOOMERANG CLUE)
1991, Problem at Pollensa Bay publ. 1991 (Two of them feature Hercule Poirot, two Mr. Satterthwaite and Mr. Harley Quin, and two Mr Parker Pyne.)
- 1935, THREE ACT TRAGEDY (aka MURDER IN THREE ACTS)- Hercule Poirot and Mr Satterthwaite.
1933, The Hound of Death - 12 short stories, UK only
1934, Parker Pyne Investigates - 12 stories introducing Parker Pyne and Ariadne Oliver
1934, The Listerdale Mystery - 12 short stories, UK only
- 1935, DEATH IN THE CLOUDS (aka DEATH IN THE AIR) - Hercule Poirot
- 1936, THE A.B.C. MURDERS (aka THE ALPHABET MURDERS) - Hercule Poirot
1947, The Labours of Hercules - Hercule Poirot - 12 short stories
- 1966, THE THIRD GIRL - Hercule Poirot and Ariadne Oliver
1997, Miss Marple: complete short stories - Miss Marple - 20 short stories
1997, While the Light Lasts - 9 short stories - incl. 2 Hercule Poirot
- 1936, MURDER IN MESOPOTAMIA - Hercule Poirot
- 1936, CARDS ON THE TABLE - Hercule Poirot, Superintendent Battle, Colonel Race, Ariadne Oliver
- 1938, HERCULE POIROT'S CHRISTMAS (aka MURDER FOR CHRISTMAS, aka A HOLIDAY FOR MURDER) - Hercule Poirot
- 1937, DUMB WITNESS (aka POIROT LOSES A CLIENT)
- 1937, DEATH ON THE NILE - Hercule Poirot, Colonel Race
- 1938, APPOINTMENT WITH DEATH - Hercule Poirot, Colonel Carbury
- 1939, MURDER IS EASY (aka EASY TO KILL) - Superintendent Battle
- 1939, TEN LITTLE NIGGERS (aka AND THEN THERE WERE NONE; also TEN LITTLE INDIANS)
- 1940, SAD CYPRESS
- 1940, ONE, TWO, BUCKLE MY SHOE (aka AN OVERDOSE OF DEATH; also THE PATRIOTIC MURDERS)
- 1941, EVIL UNDER THE SUN
- 1941, N or M?
- 1942, THE BODY IN THE LIBRARY
- 1942, FIVE LITTLE PIGS (aka MURDER IN RETROSPECT)
- 1942, THE MOVING FINGER (aka THE CASE OF THE MOVING FINGER)
- 1944, TOWARDS ZERO
- 1944, DEATH COMES AS THE END
If you'd like to join the Agatha Christie Reading Challenge click here.
I am using the list at Wikipedia of novels and collections of short stories. I will interlace the short story collections into the list where I can, but may have to read them out of order. I have decided on a method for reporting on the short stories. Here is my latest short story update.
Please feel free to join in my challenge, comment on my reviews etc.
I have set up a block over in the right hand column called Agatha Christie Reading Challenge (with the same logo as this post) where I am listing the books I'm currently reading and those I've finished.
The challenge is called ACRC so each review will be preceded by those letters.
If you want to follow my progress through your RSS reader, then the RSS URL is
Just save that in your bookmarks or RSS reader and you will be notified when I have written a new post.
Alternatively you could subscribe to the feed through FeedMyInbox. Just copy the RSS URL, click on the FeedMyInbox link and paste the URL in there.
You will need to confirm your subscription by email.
Contribute your blog postings about any Agatha Christie novels to the monthly carnival. Make an agreement with yourself that whenever you complete reading an Aggie you will write a blog posting about it and then submit the posting to the carnival.
If you are participating in the Agatha Christie Reading Challenge then write updates like this one and submit them to the Carnival. Let us know what progress you are making.
Kerrie -You are making good progress on this! I'll be quite interested to see what you think of And Then There Were None (AKA Ten Little Indians). It was said to be Christie's own favourite of her works...
Post a Comment