Book Blogger Appreciation Week (14-20 September) is a celebration for book bloggers and of book blogs. My Friend Amy and her team have put immense amounts of effort into organising awards, and event for the whole week.
I'll have a daily post, including an Interview Swap. I hope to get around to look at other participants's blogs too, but that is obviously going to be quite a task.
As part of my participation I have a Book Giveway happening, with 2 books just for Australian/New Zealand readers, and two for worldwide distribution. They are all crime fiction titles, but there are no real conditions of entry, so pop in to that post and leave a comment.
Christie Week (13-20 September) begins today, and here on MiP we are celebrating with a Blog Tour with participants from all over the globe, each celebrating in a very different way. In fact the first one went up a few moments ago- check whose blog to visit at Celebrating Christie week #1.
The Blog Tour has 10 days of events scheduled culminating in ACRC Carnival #9.
So a busy week, with some of the usual stuff happening too - books being read, reviews posted, as well as weekly events like Forgotten Books and Weekly Geeks.
This week's blog posts:
- Celebrating Christie week #1
The beginning of a fabulous week of visits to other people's blogs. Travel all over the world this week, and read a variety of tributes to the Dame.
- Weekly Geeks: 2009-35: What's The Plan?
What determines the books that I read?
- Crime Fiction writer up for a Booker?
The Man Booker is a literary prize. So what is a crime fiction writer doing in the short list. You could say that last year's winner was also a crime fiction title. Do you remember who it was?
- BBAW Giveaways
Put your hand up for a free book - 2 restricted to Australia/New Zealand and 2 for world wide eligibility.
- Try your hand at a mini-review #2
Here is something you can do. Contribute a mini-review of a book you've recently read to MYSTERIES IN PARADISE. It will be published on MiP in about 2 weeks. Not restricted to crime fiction.
- Forgotten Book: THE MIND READERS, Margery Allingham
- System & Organisation: Book Reviews
OK - so I am just too organised!
- Review: A TEST OF WILLS, Charles Todd
The first novel in a really good crime fiction series set in Britain just after the end of WWI.
- Book Blogger Appreciation Week Voting begins
Voting is now closed. Results to be announced tomorrow. There were some great sites shortlisted.
- Weekly Geeks 2009-34: Reviewing Books
Some insights into my book reviewing strategies.
- now - TELLING TALES, Ann Cleeves - this is a Vera Stanhope novel that I've really been looking forward to.
- next - GHOST LINES, Nick Gadd - this won the Ned Kelly award this year for best First Fictions
- in the car - MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS, Agatha Christie - nearly finished this narration by David Suchet and it has been excellent.
- How to write Crime Fiction
- BBAW book giveaways
- Download free Agatha Christie audio book (North America only)
- Win a copy of the Herring Sellers Apprentice
- How well do you know your Mystery Classics?
- Will Coetzee win the Man Booker for the 3rd time?
- Vote for the ITV3 Crime Best Seller Award
- CWA Dagger shortlists announced
- Books Alive Australia