On the reading front, all this week I have been working my way through THE GIRL WHO KICKED THE HORNET'S NEST by Stieg Larsson, and though I haven't finished it yet, I have listed it in my top 10 books published in 2009. It probably won't make it into my top 10 reads for the year, but I'll still be rating it at 4.5+.
Have you heard of the Virtual Advent Blog Tour? I'm participating on December 1.
Each day anyone who wants to participate takes turns sharing a treat with our friends here in blogland. For example it could be something about your family traditions, recipes, your country's holiday traditions, or a favourite Christmas memory, movie, book, song...anything you like. Even if you don't celebrate Christmas we would like to hear about what your family does during the holiday season, whether it be celebrating Hanukkah or Kwanzaa or whatever it is that you do during this time.
Already 75 bloggers have signed up.
Be part of my blog this week
- Join the Alphabet in Crime Fiction Community Meme.
Tomorrow my blog will feature the invitation for the letter H. Today see the contributions for the letter G. Another way to get people to visit your blog, and also to meet some new crime fiction bloggers. In the last week we had 8 contributions so it is becoming a great way to see recommendations for new crime fiction titles and authors. We don't mind if you recycle a review you've already written or just contribute occasionally.
- Do you read Agatha Christie novels or short stories?
You could join the Agatha Christie Reading Challenge. Some of us are reading her works in order of publication, while others are just reading them as they can get them. One a month seems to be a good target to aim for. Learn what the challenge is about, or simply join it. Every month you can submit your posts and other related sites to the Agatha Christie Blog Carnival. Tomorrow the 11th Agatha Christie Blog Carnival will be published, so look out for that.
- From early in December I'll be running a feature called Suggest a Christmas Title.
You can participate in this whether you are a crime fiction blogger or not.
What you'll need to do is write a blog post about a book that some how features Christmas. Lots of people I know like to take advantage of the season by reading a book that is set at Christmas or is about Christmas in some way. In your blog post you can suggest several books or just focus on one. I'll use a Mr Linky so you can come back to link to more than one of your posts if you like. More details next week.
- Crime Fiction Alphabet - Summarising the Letter G
- Weekly Geeks 2009-43: In Quest of a Top 10
- When Kindle finds BookSeat
- Usually On the Mark #6: Ian Rankin
- Forgotten Books: A TASTY WAY TO DIE, Janet Laurencence
- Progress report: THE GIRL WHO KICKED THE HORNET'S NEST
- That Secret Reading Business
- Crime Fiction Alphabet - G is for Gerritsen
- Crime Fiction Alphabet Letter G - week beginning 16 November
- now (on Kindle)- THE GIRL WHO KICKED THE HORNET'S NEST, Stieg Larsson
- next - TOO CLOSE TO HOME by Linwood Barclay
- audio (in the car) - WATER LIKE A STONE, Deborah Crombie
- on line - THE DOG WHO CAME IN FROM THE COLD, Alexander McCall Smith chapt 52