11 February 2009

What sort of blog do you write?

I came across this tool earlier this week.
Basically you put the URL of your blog in and up comes the analysis.

It says MYSTERIES IN PARADISE is..

ESFP - The Performers

The entertaining and friendly type. They are especially attuned to pleasure and beauty and like to fill their surroundings with soft fabrics, bright colors and sweet smells. They live in the present moment and don´t like to plan ahead - they are always in risk of exhausting themselves.

They enjoy work that makes them able to help other people in a concrete and visible way. They tend to avoid conflicts and rarely initiate confrontation - qualities that can make it hard for them in management positions

Not sure whether that is me or not....

Ironically the response for Smik's Reviews is
Detected language Thai. The only supported languages are English and Swedish. But stay tuned, we are expanding.

Blogs I'm watching gets the following response

ESTP - The Doers

The active and playful type. They are especially attuned to people and things around them and often full of energy, talking, joking and engaging in physical out-door activities.

The Doers are happiest with action-filled work which craves their full attention and focus. They might be very impulsive and more keen on starting something new than following it through. They might have a problem with sitting still or remaining inactive for any period of time.

And the Agatha Christie Reading Challenge Carnival is

ISTP - The Mechanics

The independent and problem-solving type. They are especially attuned to the demands of the moment are masters of responding to challenges that arise spontaneously. They generally prefer to think things out for themselves and often avoid inter-personal conflicts.


The Mechanics enjoy working together with other independent and highly skilled people and often like seek fun and action both in their work and personal life. They enjoy adventure and risk such as in driving race cars or working as policemen and firefighters.

5 comments:

Mack said...

My blog capturescrime.blogspot.com is ISTP though the last time I took the Myers-Briggs personally I was an INTP. At least I'm consistent, my first blog, pitchedup.blogspot.com is also ISTP.

Dorte H said...

Oh Mack, it is a great comfort that you are also INTP :)
That silly tool will not analyze my current blog because of the Danish posts, but my first one was labelled INTP.
I quite like this bit, "They are especially attuned to difficult creative and intellectual challenges and always look for something more complex to dig into" but of course they have to go on: "...they might come across as arrogant, impatient and insensitive to people that need some time to understand what they are talking about."
That is not us, Mack, or is it????

WhereDunnit said...

My blog, wheredunnit.blogspot.com is ESTP - The Doers - and although I might not be the right one to judge, seems exactly the opposite of what I would have thought!

Full of energy, joking, and engaging in outdoor physical activity? Having a problem sitting quietly? I think they're talking about someone else!

Mack said...

Hi Dorte, I consistently come out an INTP though sometimes I'm an INFP outside the job. Happy to meet a fellow INTP. considering what I go through trying to write a blog post I'm not surprised that it shows as an ISTP. But I confess that, working in the IT side of libraries, I have been accused of being "impatient and insensitive." That seems to be the lot in life for us IT types.

Dorte H said...

Glad we can at least be impatient and insensitive together :)
(I am sure some of my students also see me that way - but never the brightest ones).

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin